Here are the Preston Innovations Matchman of the Year Qualifiers - tables are exclusively in the magazine, along with Tom Pickering's Matchman of the Month. There's some terrific match fishing content in Angler's Mail this week, including what you see in the trailer below...
* Blackfords Progressive, Calf Heath Reservoir, Gailey, Staffs. Sat, 37. Terry Kettell (Salford) 60-1-0, bream to 4 lb, crumb feedered caster and worm, peg 54; Bob Harris (Blackfords) 55-9-0; Paul Bucknell (Little Dawley) 42-11-0; Gary Johnson (Sensas) 40-14-0; Bob Allett (Cannock) 34-13-0.
* Hooked for Heroes, Preston Innovations Boldings, Bridgnorth, Shrops. Sat, 91, Chestnut, Beech, Sycamore and Willows pools. Bob Baker (King’s) 110-0-0, carp to 7 lb, caster shallow, Chestnut peg 30; Gareth Emlyn (OAC) 76-4-0; Steve Owen (Wolves) 67-1-0; Ces Williams (King’s) 66-8-0; Ken Humphreys (Oswestry) 66-0-0; Carl Foster (PI Boldings) 65-12-0. £1,800+ raised for charity.
* Izaak Walton Stafford WL, Staffs-Worcs Canal, Penkridge, Staffs. Sun, 78. Mike Manson (Browning Lifestyle Blue) 22-5-8, 26 to 3 lb 8 oz, poled chopped worm and caster, peg D7 on turning bay above Penkridge lock; Richard Guest (Maver Midlands) 21-8-0; Darren Massey (Shakespeare Superteam) 13-5-8; Mark Roberson (Browning Spa) 12-10-10; Lewis Kenyon (Browning Lifestyle Blue) 12-0-0; Damian Parry (Browning Lifestyle Red) 10-11-0. Teams: Browning Lifestyle Blue 61; Shakespeare Superteam 57; Team Eclipse 51; Wolverhampton AA VDE 51; Four Ashes AC 51; Browning West Midlands 45. League: Team Eclipse 112; Shakespeare Superteam 111; Wolverhampton AA VDE 103; Browning Lifestyle Blue 96; Maver Midlands 91; Four Ashes AC 89.
* Moorlands Farm, Hartlebury, Worcs. Sat, 35, Meadow, Bank and Moors pools. Mal Watson (DGL) 157-5-0, carp to 8 lb, pellet at 4m on deck, Meadow peg 35; Dave Parry (Decca AC) 113-14-0; Colin Pace (CPA) 98-0-0; Adrian Wyatt (Decca AC) 90-12-0; Chris Hill (Mosella) 87-10-0. Sun, 38, Bank, Island and Middle. Terry ‘the Heron’ Homer (Club 2000) 125-2-0, carp to 8 lb, pellet down the edge, Bank peg 6; Chris Hill (Mosella) 115-8-0; Mal Watson (DGL) 99-4-0; Neville Groves (Foster’s) 84-3-0; Iwan Mills (Robin’s Timber) 78-6-0.
* Packington Somers, Meriden, W. Mids. Sun, 44, Molands Mere. Paul Alder (Solihull Angling Centre) 74-2-0, carp to 9 lb, pellet feeder with punched bread, peg 43; Jimmy Wyatt (Packington) 63-5-0; Ron Taylor (Alvechurch) 62-13-0; Paul Hunter (Paul’s Fodder) 48-11-0; Max Higgott (Kobra Feeders) 46-1-0; Lee Richards (Packington) 43-8-0.
* River Wye Charity Open, River Wye, Hereford. Sun, 70. Hadrian Whittle (Woody’s) 170-10-0, 91 chub to 5 lb, waggler and maggots, made fast peg by the Rose Inn at Bartensham; Trevor Chalk (WB Clarke) 97-14-0; Brian Rigby (Shakespeare) 54-2-0; Rob Quinn (Willow Creek) 54-0-0; Dave Williams (Shropshire) 52-0-0; Dave Roberts (Tri-Cast) 47-12-0. £330 raised for charity.
* Weston Pools, Oswestry, Shrops. Sun (Sep 28), 37, Jack’s and Canal pools. Mikey Rough (Tri-Cast Weston) 142-6-0, carp, pellets down side, Jack’s peg 16; Kristian Jones (Maver) 107-6-0; Mike Philbin (Tri-Cast Weston) 96-4-0; Chris Jones (Tri-Cast Weston) 91-2-0.
Don’t forget that you can subscribe to Angler’s Mail online with a special 34% off offer via this link: www.anglersmailsubs.co.uk/IAMGG
Email your match fishing photos to: email@example.com