- The new issue of Angler’s Mail magazine is in shops from Tuesday, December 3. Be sure to get your copy!
Preston Innovations Matchman of the Year qualifiers
READ THIS WEEK’S ANGLER’S MAIL MAGAZINE FOR LATEST ON THIS FAMOUS COMPETITION!
* Bilston Angling Centre WL, Shropshire Union Canal, Brewood, Staffs. Sun. 30. Ben Garbett (Wolverhampton AA VDE) 16-8-4, 4 chub and 100+ roach, poled caster, chopped worm and bread, peg 9; Bert Simmill (Bilston Angling Centre) 9-15-0; Barry Williams (Bilston Angling Centre) 9-15-0; Dave Holbrook (Brownhills) 9-4-14; Paul Turner (Wolverhampton AA VDE) 8-3-0; Barry Jones (Bilston Angling Centre) 8-0-13. League: Barry Williams (Bilston Angling Centre) 3; Ben Garbett (Wolverhampton AA VDE), Dave Holbrook (Brownhills) and Steve Broome (Bilston Angling Centre) all 5.
* Moorlands Farm Pairs, Silver, Middle, Bank, Moors and Island pools, Hartlebury, Worcs. Sat, 50. Lee Richards (Packington) 58-6-0, carp, wagglered corn, Bank peg 23; Clive Wright (Mosella ABC) 50-2-0; Lee Harris (Shakespeare) 43-13-0; Anthony Dunn (Moorlands) 39-4-0; Rob Brennan (Stourport) and Gary Thomas (Fatty’s Tackle) both 38-2-0. Pairs: Lee Richards (Packington) and Neville Groves (Fosters), Clive Wright (Mosella ABC) and Clive Munslow (Moorland), Jason Evans and Mark Roberson (Browning West Midlands) all 3.
* Preston Innovations Boldings, Bridgnorth, Salop. Sun, 36, Sycamore, Chestnut and Oak Pools. Eric Bancroft (Rod and Gun) 44-5-0, carp, pellet, 10m, peg 50, Sycamore Pool; Adam Slade (Sedgley) 42-14-0; Neil Hallett (Preston Innovations Boldings) 41-10-0; Dave Brown (Maver Midlands) 40-9-0.
* Tunnel Barn Farm, Shrewley, Warks. House Pools 1 and 2. Sat, 41. Jason Brown (Maver Midlands/Bag’em Matchbaits) 102-6-0, carp and F1s, dobbed bread, peg 23, House Pool 1; Nigel Rimmer (Maver Gold/Bag ’em Matchbaits) 50-10-0; Clive Nixon (Maver Gold/Bag ’em Matchbaits) 46-14-0; Paul Bick (Shakespeare) 42-14-0; John Adamson (Packington) 36-2-0; Matt Barwell (Maver Gold/Bag ’em’ Matchbaits) 34-6-0. Sun, 60, Winter League. Jarrad Smith (Chambers Champs) 56-1-0, F1s, roach and skimmers, maggot, 4 and 8m, peg 19, New Pool; Steve Ayres (Frenzy) 53-12-0; Lance Chambers (Chambers Champs) 53-1-0; Stu Palser (Middy Banbury Gunsmiths) 50-8-0; Kurtis Tranter (Mosella Bait-Tech) 46-10-0; Andy Mann (Frenzy) 39-1-0.
* Warwickshire WL, Grand Union Canal, Moira-Donisthorpe, Leics. Sun, 40. Johnny Johnson (Measham) 9-15-0, 20 skimmers to 1 lb, poled bunches of bloodworm, peg E5; Rob Quinn (Shakespeare Superteam) 9-5-0; Mark Derry (Dams & Lock) 8-14-12; Ted Yearby (Dams & Lock) 8-8-0; Matt Hall (Shakespeare Superteam) 6-1-12; Keith Brown (Browning Central) 5-10-0. Teams: Dams & Lock 21; Browning Central 22; Shakespeare Superteam 24; Measham 25; Burton Shop 32. League: Shakespeare Superteam 6; Dams & Lock 8; Browning Central 14; Measham 15; Burton Shop 17.
* Wye Teams Winter League, River Wye, Hereford. Sun, 72. Dave Harrell (Bait-Tech/DH Angling) 46-4-0, chub, wagglered maggots, peg 101; Rory Jones (Woody’s) 43-4-0; Danny Baker (Wizards) 36-15-0; Chris Smith (Sensas Nomads A) 36-10-0; Tony Bouckley (Wolves) 32-12-0; Phil Williams (Wolves) 31-4-0. Teams: Bait-Tech/DH Angling 57; Sensas Nomads 52; Woody’s 51; Wolves 50; Wizards 41; Cotswold Angling 36. League: Bait-Tech/DH Angling 22; Wolves 20; Woody’s 19; WB Clarke 18.
Smaller fishing match results
Aberglais Fur and Feather, Redhill Fishery, Monmouth. Sat, 20. Mark Jones (Merthyr) 28-8-0, carp on long pole and banded pellets, peg 6 on Sophie’s Pond; Brian Protheroe (Merthyr) 27-3-0; Frank Davies (Merthyr) 24-2-0; Terry Jones (Merthyr) 23-4-0.
Barford AA, Warks Avon. Sat, 25. Rick Rogers (Barford) 25-2-0, chub and dace, stick float and waggler, peg 68; Paul Caswell (Shakespeare) 16-8-0; Brian Rigby (Shakespeare) 13-3-0; Craig Harrison (Attleborough) 11-15-0; Dave Leavesley (Barford) 10-0-0.
Connah’s Quay, Hampton Springs, Cheshire. Sun, 20. Graham Peabody (Connah’s Quay) 35-4-0, carp, roach and skimmers; Colin Hett (Connah’s Quay) 34-8-0; Bob Griffiths (Connah’s Quay) 33-0-0.
Elmbridge Fishery, Droitwich, Heron Pool, Thurs. 10. James Brownhill (Elmbridge) 41-8-0, carp, poled pellet and corn, peg 36; Tony Walton (Elmbridge) 21-8-0; Jim Russell (Elmbridge) 18-8-0. Sat. 15, Heron Pool. John Harris (Harris Match Group) 77-0-0, carp, poled pellet, peg 31; Steve Harris (Harris Match Group) 32-8-0; Roy Richardson (Elmbridge) 31-8-0. Sun. 11, Heron Pool. Tony Webb (Phils Tackle) 60-8-0, carp, poled pellet, peg 30. Jim Russell (Elmbridge) 48-8-0; Carl Bennett (J and P Tackle) 37-6-0.
Forest of Dean Pairs, Steam Mills Lake, Cinderford, Glos. Sat, 20. Mark Annis and Sam Grindle (RFODAC) 57 points; Ross Hale and Luke Burge (RFODAC) 52; Mike Shields and Andy Grindle (RFODAC) 47 points. Sun, 10, Xmas Match, Lightmoor Pool, Cinderford. Rob Baldwin (RFODAC) 27-2-0, carp on feeder with banded pellets and prawns, peg 15; John Beddis (RFODAC) 25-10-0; Mike Shields (RFODAC) 14-2-0.
Furnace Mill Old Ghost WL, Bewdley, Worcs. Sun. Mucky Meadow & Furnace Pools, 14. Darren Randle (Mosella BC) 81-13-0, carp to 4 lb, 4mm pellet over micros at 16m, Mucky peg 51; Ross Sheldon (Furnace Mill) 49-4-0; Max Galaszewski (Furnace Mill) 46-14-0.
Glamorgan Christmas Match, Treoes Lake, Bridgend. Sun, 20. Jim Palmer (Cardiff) 26-8-0, bream on groundbait feeder with worms and maggots, peg 2; Nicky Parsons (Cardiff) 22-8-0; Peter White (Cardiff) 16-8-0.
Goodyear AC, Staffs & Worcs Canal, Cowley, Shrops., Sun. 8. Johnny Benness (Goodyear AC) 4-0-0, mainly roach and a few gudgeon, poled bread punch, peg 6; Gus Godfrey (Goodyear AC) 2-14-0; Malcolm Bethell (Goodyear AC) 2-2-12; Steve Thomson (Goodyear AC) 1-11-8.
Halesowen RBL, Staffs & Worcs Canal, Kinver Waters, Stewponey, Staffs. Sun. 26. John Billingham (Halesowen RBL) 9-3-0, roach and two skimmers, poled bread punch and caster, peg 4; Garry Mason (Halesowen RBL) 7-2-0; Malcolm Merrick (Halesowen RBL) 7-0-0.
Hawkesbury Fishery, Bedworth, Warks, Thurs. 13. Paul Reynolds (Hawkesbury) 39-6-0, carp, poled meat and corn, peg 43; George Cairnes (Hawkesbury/Kodak) 35-2-0; Richard Grant (Hawkesbury/Gillette) 29-6-0. Sat. 16. George Cairnes (Hawkesbury/Kodak) 41-14-0, carp and tench, poled meat and corn, peg 16. Richard Grant (Hawkesbury/Gillette) 38-2-0; Keith Walton (Hawkesbury) 36-13-0. Sun. 21. Richard Grant (Hawkesbury/Gillette) 52-8-0, carp, wagglered maggot, peg 8; George Cairnes (Hawkesbury/Kodak) 39-2-0; John Kidd (Hawkesbury) 34-7-0.
Holgan Farm, Llawhaden. Sun, 9. Ian Heaps (Holgan Farm) 96-10-0, carp on waggler with white pellets and maggots, peg 6 on Carp Lake; Kevin Roberts (Haverfordwest) 51-0-0; Steve Collins (Haverfordwest) 50-10-0.
JCB Silver Fish Charity, Rocester, Staffs, Sun. North Lake, 25. Nick Van Hoek (JCB) 28-9-0, roach to 1 lb, pole and maggot, peg 31; Adam Brown (JCB) 12-13-0; Tony Jeffery (JCB) 12-11-0; Ian Davis (JCB) 10-1-0.
King’s Pools, Shareshill, Wolverhampton, W. Mids, Wed. Carp & New Match Pools, 15. Jordon Hall (Maver Midlands/Bag‘Em) 54-8-0, F1s, poled Bag’em pellet, New Match peg 17; Matt Djukic (Shimano/Maver Midlands) 49-0-0; Gary Steele (King’s) 34-0-0.
Moorlands Farm, Hartlebury, Worcs, Meadow Pool, Wed. 20 over 50’s. John Hinton (Moorlands) 47-12-0, carp, straight lead and bread, peg 12; Bill Drew (Bewdley) 45-12-0; Frank Bradley (Moorlands) 34-14-0. Thurs. 18, Silver Pool. Lawrence Connolly (Colin Pace Academy) 75-1-0, F1’s, poled maggot at 10m, peg 33. Mal Watson (Daiwa Gordon League) 57-8-0; Pete Truman (Colin Pace Academy) 49-6-0. Sun. 24, Meadow and Island Pools. Colin Pace (Colin Pace Academy) 54-12-0, carp, poled pellet at 13m, peg 13, Meadow Pool; Dave Williams (Halesowen RBL) 37-0-0; Iwan Mills (Robins Timber) 31-8-0.
Mosella Manor Farm Leisure, Harvington, Boundry and Island Pools, Wed. 15. Mark Malin (Colmic Airon) 128-10-0, carp and F1’s, poled pellet, peg 11, Boundary Pool; Mark Russell (Banbury Gunsmiths) 75-6-0; Rob Bassett (Banbury Gunsmiths) 63-0-0; Dan Varney (Drennan Banbury Gunsmiths) 54-10-0. Thurs. 22, Boundry and Island Pools. Dan Varney (Drennan Banbury Gunsmiths) 77-8-0, carp and F1’s, poled pellet and groundbait feeder, peg 10, Island Pool; Andy Grimes (Manor Farm Leisure) 67-2-0; Andy Stone (Arthurs Angling Supplies) 56-14-0; Martin Goodall (Arthurs Angling Supplies) 56-8-0. Sat. 13, Windmill Pool. Chris Telling (Colmic Airon) 101-12-0, carp, F1’s and skimmers, poled pellet, peg 24; Frank Donahue (Colmic Airon) 77-0-0; Dan Varney (Drennan Banbury Gunsmiths) 67-6-0. Sun. 25, Island and Boundry Pools. Neil McKinnon (Preston Innovations) 133-10-0, carp and F1’s, poled pellet and groundbait feeder, peg 8, Boundary Pool; Paul Dornall (Clampits) 79-0-0; Dereck Hammond (Oxford Drennan) 75-4-0; Ade Mansfield (Shakespeare Super Team) 64-8-0.
Newport, Woodstock Pond. Sun, 17. Nick Jones (Pontypool) 37-14-0, F1s on feeder and pellets, peg 24 by bailiff’s cabin; Matt Morgan (Blackwood) 35-8-0; Jeff Parfitt (Cwmbran Angling Nobblers) 31-9-0; Rob Sims (Garry Evans Tackle) 25-12-0.
Nisa Feeders, Dynamite Makins, Wolvey, Warks, Lake 2, Wed. 18. Phil Hull (Lanes Baits) 52-8-0, carp, straight lead and pellet, peg A13; Richard Harvey (Bacchus and Rhone) 42-0-0; Ian Hughes (Browning) 41-6-0. Thurs. 18, Snake and Crater Pools. Dave Kent (Long Eaton Victoria AS) 15-4-0, 4 carp, wagglered corn, peg 15, Snake Pool; Tom Neal (Rutlanders) 15-0-0; Terry Cockburn (Coalville) 12-12-0.
Packington Somers, Meriden, Warks, Little Gearys. Wed, 10. John Stockton (Barford AA) 31-0-0, F1’s, poled pellet, peg 28. Jamie Clarkson (Packington) 23-2-0; Steve Edwards (Packington) 16-12-0. Sat, 22, Molands Mere. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling Centre) 25-5-0, F1’s, poled pellet, peg 48. Chris Newton (Smithys) 18-15-0; Mark Downes (Kamasan Starlets) 17-8-0.
Patshull Park, Pattingham, Staffs., Sun. Great Lake, 12. Kevin Tipton (Sensas) 9-12-0, skimmers and roach, slider with caster over groundbait, Hotel Bank peg 47; Steve Preece (M & S Joinery) 8-6-0; Trevor Hope (Rod & Gun) 8-0-0.
Preston Innovations Boldings, Bridgnorth, Salop, Deepdale and Hawthorn Pools, Mon. 12. Gary Steele (Kings Pools) 63-0-0, carp to 4lb, poled maggot at 8m, peg 12, Deepdale Pool; Colin Reynolds (Bilston Angling Centre) 59-3-0; Dave Doughty (Kings Pools) 39-6-0; Mick Jameson (Preston Innovations Boldings) 36-12-0. Wed. 12, Ash and Beech Pools. Phil Shaw (Lower Hill Farm) 47-0-0, carp to 5lb, poled maggot and corn at 10m, peg 7, Beech Pool; Mick Jameson (Preston Innovations Boldings) 39-5-0; Brian Clark (Colmic Marukyu) 35-7-0; Andy Williams (Colmic Vespe) 33-7-0. Thurs. 30, Oak, Chestnut and Willow Pools. Terry Edwards (Kings Pools) 82-14-0, carp to 7lb, poled pellet at 6m and close in, peg 13, Oak Pool; Tony Woolaston (Kings Pools) 72-12-0; Andy Williams (Colmic Vespe) 66-4-0; Ken Humphreys (Osestry) 66-1-0. Sat. 12, Middle Pool. Phil Rhodes (Preston Innovations Boldings) 57-7-0, carp to 4lb, poled pellet and maggot at 5m and down the side, peg 1, Middle Pool; Keith Powell (Preston Innovations Boldings) 48-12-0; Harry Colley (Preston Innovations Boldings) 38-2-0; Mel Kitson (Rod and Gun) 38-0-0.
Redhill Fishery, Monmouth. Pole-only. Wed, 14. Alan Davies (Sensas Nomads) 101-8-0, carp on long pole and pellets; Steve Shaw (Marukyu) 46-0-0; Tony Summers (Wye Angling) 43-8-0.
Rhymney, River Wye at Boughrood. Sun, 14. John Hancock (Rhymney) 7-4-0, all grayling on waggler and maggots, peg 6 on shallows; Brian Rees (Rhymney) 5-7-0; Colin Whitehouse (Rhymney) 4-10-0.
Rough Hay AC WL, Staffs & Worcs Canal, Wombourne. Sun, 13. Cliff Archbold (Rough Hay AC) 2-9-0, all gudgeon, poled pinkie, peg 4; Alan Gough (Wolverhampton AA VDE) 1-12-0; Steve Hitchens (Rough Hay AC) 1-9-0. Final League: Cliff Archbold (Rough Hay) 16; Arthur Shaw (Wolverhampton AA VDE) 17; Alan Gough (Wolverhampton AA VDE) 18.
Sirhowy, Cefn Mably Lakes, Cardiff. Sun, 20. Mike Yandle (Sirhowy) 84-12-0, carp on pole and pellets close in, peg on Bridge Pool; Brian Protheroe (Merthyr) 81-8-0; Mike Williams (Thatchers) 77-0-0; Tony Worgan (Tredegar) 76-8-0.
Solhampton Individual WL, Stourport-On-Severn, Worcs. Sun, 20. Valley Pool: Dave Perry (Solhampton Fishery) 80-0-0, carp to 6 lb, waggler and corn, peg 22; Steve Burrows (Solhampton Fishery) 25-8-0; J. Hobbis (Solhampton Fishery) 23-8-0. Buzzard Pool: Mark Betteridge (National Express Walsall) 77-12-0, carp to 4 lb, long pole, maggot and corn, peg 10; Karl Stevens (Colmic) 75-8-0; Carl Jones (Maver) 40-5-0.
Stirrup Cup, Birmingham & Fazeley Canal, Curdworth, Warks. Sun, 8. Sam Lewis (3M’s) 3-13-0, 100+ roach, poled bread, peg 38; Glen Morris (Stirrup Cup) 3-12-4; Graham Massey (Dams & Lock) 3-6-0.
Stoke City DAS, Shropshire Union Canal, Norbury Junction, Staffs. Sat, 23. Steve Broome (Bilston Angling Centre) 10-4-3 roach, perch and gudgeon, poled squatt and caster, peg 5; Alan Round (Browning Lifestyle) 9-11-0; Nigel Clayton (Browning Lifestyle) 9-5-0; Mel Wood (Four Ashes AC) 8-13-0; Gordon Griffiths (Team Les ‘O’) 8-10-0; Martin Owen (Browning Lifestyle) 7-4-0.
TK Grueller, Cannock Extension Canal, Pelsall, Staffs. Sat, 18. Big Col Talbot (Cashmores) 4-15-0, mixed bag, poled bread and squatt, peg 1; Gaz Busby (Cashmores) 2-12-13; Chris Dean (Cashmores) 1-7-7.
Tunnel Barn Farm, Shrewley, Warks, Top Pool, Mon. 18. Matt Barwell (Maver Gold/Bag ’em’ Matchbaits) 58-3-0, F1’s, roach, skimmers and ide, poled pellet at 4, 6, 8 and 10m, peg 33; Dave Chapman (Swann Baits) 25-8-0; Tom Neal (Rutlanders) 20-10-0; Pete Hancox (Birmingham) 19-15-0. Tues. 16 over 50’s, Jennys Pool. Chris Constable (Tunnel Barn Farm Veterans) 63-0-0, F1’s, roach and skimmers, poled pellet at 8m, peg 17; Steve Stokes (Tunnel Barn Farm Veterans) 43-2-0; Pete Hancox (Birmingham) 40-11-0; Dave Pope (Tunnel Barn Farm Veterans) 39-11-0. Wed. 17, House Pool 2. Clive Nixon (Maver Gold/Bag ’em’ Matchbaits) 59-11-0, F1’s, roach and skimmers, poled pellet at 6m, peg 27. Pete Rice (Bag ’em’ Matchbaits) 54-14-0; Pete Hancox (Birmingham) 53-2-0; Les Ayres (Alvechurch Fishery) 29-15-0. Thurs. 70 Veterans, Canal, Club, Jennys and High Pools. Dave Pope (Tunnel Barn Farm Veterans) 61-7-0, F1’s, stockies, barbel and roach, poled pellet at 6m on the deck, peg 41, High Pool; Steve Stokes (Tunnel Barn Farm Veterans) 54-5-0; Dave Chapman (Tunnel Barn Farm Veterans) 48-12-0; John Berry (Tunnel Barn Farm Veterans) 43-6-0; Jim Wills (Tunnel Barn Farm Veterans) 38-10-0; Clive Hadley (Tunnel Barn Farm Veterans) 32-5-0. Fri. 18, New Pool. Pete Rice (Bag ’em’ Matchbaits) complete mixture, poled maggot at 4, 6 and 8m, peg 21; Ronnie Biggs (OHMS) 27-14-0; Steve Rowe (Maver Milton Keynes) 25-3-0; Malcolm Jones (Banbury Gunsmiths) 24-6-0.
Wassell Grove, Hagley, Worcs. Sun. Match Pool, 16. Alan Higgs (Hill View) 33-0-0, carp to 8 lb, poled pellet, peg 32; Dave Johnson (Club 2000) 29-8-0; Neil Davies (Wassell Grove) 18-12-0; Terry Homer (Club 2000) 18-2-0; Ken Watson (Wassell Grove) 18-2-0; George Clark (Hill View) 13-4-0.
White Springs, Pontarddulais. Sun, 16. Peter Edwards (Swansea) 41-8-0, carp and bream on pole and pellets, peg on New Canal; Craig Williams (Swansea) 39-12-0; Jim Hutton (Swansea) 29-0-0.
Wolverhampton Over 60’s Club, Staffs & Worcs Canal, Penkridge, Staffs. Wed, 29. Alan Round (Browning Lifestyle) 4-7-14, 1 chub plus bits, poled bread and caster, peg 1; Dave Pinches (Goldthorn Social) 2-15-8; John Young (Wolves Over 60’s Club) 2-12-4.
CALLING all match fishing organisers! Attention all matchmen – MATCHPLAN IS BACK IN AM MAGAZINE!
Are you running or connected with an Open fishing match taking place in the forthcoming main coarse season?
Or maybe you have a series of events, a league or weekly event to promote?
Email Angler’s Mail magazine the full details, including venue and ticket price and contact telephone number.
Mark your email Matchplan and email to: email@example.com
Use the same email address for pictures from recent matches, and other match news.
Like us on Facebook >> AnglersMailMagazine
Follow us on Twitter >> @AnglersMail