Preston Innovations-Angler’s Mail Matchman of the Year qualifiers – for full coverage on this competition see Angler’s Mail magazine every week!
* Bilston Angling Centre Ind WL, Staffs-Worcs Canal, Wombourne, Staffs. Sun, 30. Bob Edgerton (Stafford) 9-9-0, roach, chub to 1 lb plus perch, poled bread punch and caster, peg 16; Barry Williams (Bilston Angling Centre) 7-5-4; Ian Hingley (Wolverhampton AA VDE) 5-11-0; Bert Simmill (Bilston Angling Centre) 5-7-8; Nigel Clayton (Browning Lifestyle) 5-0-4; Martin Owen (Browning Lifestyle) 5-0-0. League: Steve Broome (Bilston Angling Centre) 19; Ian Hingley (Wolverhampton AA VDE) 21; Barry Williams (Bilston Angling Centre) 22; Barry Jones (Four Ashes AC) 22.
* Blackfords Progressives, Calf Heath Reservoir, Gailey, Staffs. Sat, 32. Neville Bailey (Hednesford) 33-1-0, bream to 3 lb, Method feeder, peg 53; Dave Shaw (Ian’s Tackle) 28-12-0; Mark Greening (Streetly) 22-12-0; Bob Harris (Blackfords) 17-2-0; Steve Preece (M & S Joinery) 16-9-0; Johnny Burns (Blackfords) 16-6-0.
* Coventry Canal WL, Coventry Canal, Nuneaton, Warks. Sun, 32. Sam Barker (Dams & Lock 2) 7-5-6, roach to 12 oz, poled bloodworm to brambles, peg C7; Paul Bick (Shakespeare Superteam) 5-4-9; Darren Pale (Browning Central Hybrids) 4-6-9; Ben Sharratt (Shakespeare Agility) 4-5-8; Tony Barker (Shakespeare Agility) 3-11-6; Tony Foster (Dams and Lock 1) 3-11-4. Teams: Shakespeare Agility 10; Shakespeare Superteam 11; Browning Central Hybrids 15; Measham 18. Final League: Shakespeare Agility 58; Dams and Lock 1 65; Shakespeare Superteam 67; Measham 96; Dams and Lock 2 100; Browning Central Force 101.
* Moorlands Farm, Hartlebury, Worcs. Sat, 32, Silver and Island pools. Richard Kings (Colin Pace Academy) 60-10-0, F1s, maggot at 3m, peg 34 Silver; Dave Parry (Decca’s) 58-11-0; Colin Pace (Colin Pace Academy) 50-6-0; Mal Watson (Daiwa Gordon League) 49-8-0. Sun, 35, Meadow and Moors. Mal Watson (Daiwa Gordon League) 65-4-0, carp, bomb and corn, peg 13 Meadow; Paul Little (Colin Pace Academy) 33-9-0; Colin Pace (Colin Pace Academy) 25-6-0; Iwan Mills (Robins Timber) 18-5-0.
* Packington Somers, Meriden, Warks, Sun, 47, Molands Mere and Little Gearys. John Newton (Smithys) 34-4-0, carp and F1s, poled caster, peg 13, Molands Mere; Rob Avery (Smithys) 32-6-0; Roy Beasley (Packington) 32-4-0; Mark Downes (Kamasan Starlets) 31-14-0.
* Preston Innovations Woodland View Winter Pairs, Hadley, Worcs. Sun, 60, High, Deans and Arles pools. Chris Hill (Mosella) 86-1-0, carp, poled pellet shallow, High peg 30; J. Davis (Fisherman’s Friend) 51-0-0; Andy Taylor (Lobby’s Tackle) 44-14-0; T. Whitcher (Worcester) 41-8-0. Pairs undisclosed pending ongoing enquiries.
Steve Collett now has a feature EXCLUSIVELY in Angler’s Mail magazine. It has stunning picture and Steve’s insightful, witty words.
Smaller fishing match results reported to the Angler’s Mail team
Email results, photos and dates to the regional reporter for your region to or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barford AA, Warks Avon, Barford. Sat, 25. Kevin Jones (Wolves MG) 14-10-0, two barbel including a 12 lb 8 oz brute, pellet feeder; Paul King (Sensas Portway) 13-8-0; Dave Foxall (DH Angling) 12-12-0; Dave Haynes (Match Fishing) 9-7-0. Sun, 20. Pete Millard (Barford) 20-2-0, two barbel to 12 lb 12 oz, pellet feeder, peg 77; Ian Patrick (Barford) 7-2-0; Ian Winter (DH Angling) 6-8-0; Tweedy Harris (Lanes) 6-6-0.
Barston, Solihull, W. Mids. Sat, 14. Steve Ringer (Daiwa/Guru) 110-3-0, 42 F1s, Method and pellet, peg 22; Nigel Franklin (Barston) 99-11-0; James Hipkiss (Ridgemere) 98-10-0.
Bridgnorth AS, River Severn, Linley Bank, Salop. Sun, 27. Keith Russell (Bell Otters) 20-13-0, four barbel, bomb and meat, peg 53; Dave George (Wolves) 16-13-0; Bill Mitchell (Bridgnorth AS) 12-15-0; James Checketts, 16, (Pedmore) 8-1-0.
Cefn Mably, Cardiff. Wed, 15, Over-50s. Paddy Payne (Merthyr) 61-1-0, carp, poled pellets, pegged between Bridge Pool islands; Dave Pike (Cardiff) 57-11-0; Rob Dyer (Swansea) 41-0-0.
Cornerstone AC, Grand Union Canal, Birmingham. Sat, 16. Trevor Wills (Good Intent) 7-8-3, roach, poled bread punch and squatt, peg 5; Chris Rice (Browning West Midlands) 1-13-12; Keith Ward (Kamasan Starlets) 1-10-8.
Earlswood Lakes Ind WL, Solihull, B’ham. Sun, 20, Yachter and Engine pools. Kevin Tipton (Sensas) 14-8-0, bream to 3 lb, groundbait feeder with maggot, Yachter peg 51; Ian Barrow (Warwick) 14-6-0; Zbigniew Pawlowski (Shakespeare Superteam) 11-6-0.
Furnace Mill Fisheries, Bewdley, Worcs. Sun, 10, Mucky Meadow Pool. Dean Sheldon (Fosters) 66-14-0, carp, chub, roach and bream, poled expander pellet over micros at 14m, peg 54; Ross Sheldon (Furnace Mill) 58-1-0.
Goodyear AC, Shropshire Union Canal, Rye Hill, Staffs. Sun. 10. Ray Bates (Goodyear AC) 5-5-0, roach and gudgeon, poled bread punch and squatt, peg 1; Steve Thomson (Goodyear AC) 5-1-0.
Halesowen RBL, Staffs & Worcs Canal, Hinksford, Swindon, Staffs., Sun. 20. Sean Waite (Halesowen RBL) 9-5-0, perch, roach and skimmers, poled chopped worm and caster, peg 18; Brian Smith (Halesowen RBL) 7-14-0; John Babbington (Halesowen RBL) 6-3-0.
Hawkesbury Fishery, Bedworth, Warks. Sat, 14. John Kidd (Hawkesbury) 29-1-0, carp, poled corn, peg 42; Keith Walton (Hawkesbury) 28-1-0; Rolly Sturdy (Hawkesbury/Tetley) 26-2-0. Sun, 23. Paul Thompson (Hawkesbury) 49-3-0, carp and tench, poled pellet, peg 46; Richard Green (Hawkesbury) 38-6-0; Dave Hurlstone (Hawkesbury) 37-1-0.
Holgan Farm, Llawhaden, W. Wales. Sun, 18. Kevin Roberts (Haverfordwest) 319-0-0, carp from 3 lb to 13 lb, poled expander pellets in margins, peg 19 Match Lake; Derek King (Haverfordwest) 98-14-0; Colin Bates (Pembroke) 79-10-0.
Iffers, Harescombe Lake, Gloucs. Sun, 16. Alan Simmonds (Iffers) 88-4-0, F1s, poled maggots, peg 7; Gordon Hemms (Iffers) 35-12-0; Bob Williams (Iffers) 34-4-0.
King’s Pools, Shareshill, W. Mids. Wed, = 21. Lee Harris (Shakespeare) 52-6-0, F1s, poled pellet, Carp Pool peg 18; Tony Wollaston (Fatty’s Bait & Tackle) 47-11-0; Steve Lovell (Bilston Angling Centre) 43-6-0; Dave Doughty (Woodend) 38-0-0. Sat, 10, Big Match Pool, 10. Sean Stenson (King’s) 19-8-0, F1s, poled pellet, peg 1; Gary Gollins (Swan Elite) 19-8-0; Lee Harris (Shakespeare) 19-4-0; Terry Edwards (Swan Elite) 19-4-0. Sun, 21, Big and New. Mick Smith (King’s) 68-12-0, F1s, poled pellet, Big Match peg 8; Dave White (Maver Midlands/ Bag’em) 43-14-0; David Craggs (Maver Midlands) 33-13-0.
Moorlands Farm, Hartlebury, Worcs. Tues, 19, Silver Pool. Tony Stead (West Midlands Police) 58-11-0, F1s, worm at 10m, peg 30; Pete Truman (Colin Pace Academy) 47-6-0; Lawrence Connolly (Colin Pace Academy) 46-10-0. Wed, 18, over-50s, Meadow Pool. Lawrence Connolly (Colin Pace Academy) 57-12-0, carp, wagglered corn, peg 55; Clive Munslow (Moorlands) 36-11-0; Bill Drew (Bewdley) 34-10-0. Thurs, 20, Bank, Island and Middle. Lawrence Connolly (Colin Pace Academy) 32-4-0, carp, wagglered corn, peg 26 Island; Dave Bartlett (Colin Pace Academy) 31-12-0; Owen Boswell (Colin Pace Academy) 27-4-0.
Mosella Manor Farm Leisure, Harvington, Worcs. Wed, 17, Ash and Middle pools. Terry Winstone (Bonehill Mill) 109-0-0, F1s, pellet waggler, peg 20 Ash; Tony Shepherd (Banbury Gunsmiths) 54-8-0; Scott Smith (Smithys) 51-2-0. Thurs, 12, Windmill and Middle. Jason Cooke (WB Clarke/Sensas) 91-8-0, carp and F1s, poled pellet, peg 24 Middle; Martin Goodall (Arthurs Angling Supplies) 59-0-0; Ben Sutor (Arthurs Angling Supplies) 46-0-0. Sat, 20, Ash, Windmill and Boundary. Chris Telling (Colmic Airon) 117-8-0, carp, F1s and skimmers, poled pellet, peg 5 Ash; Kevin Giles (Arthurs Angling Supplies) 64-0-0; Terry Winstone (Bonehill Mill) 56-0-0. Sun, 22, Ash, Windmill and Island. Matt Chapman (Smithys) 94-10-0, carp and F1s, poled pellet and pellet waggler, peg 7 Ash; Steve Partington (Arthurs Angling Supplies) 85-2-0; Neil McKinnon (Preston Innovations) 66-0-0.
Nisa Feeders, Dynamite Makins, Wolvey, Warks. Wed, 18, Lake 4. Lee Westwood (Lichfield) 44-10-0, carp and bream, pellet cone, peg 8; Stefan Sanderson (Angling Man) 20-4-0; Ian Hughes (Browning) 8-0-0. Thurs, 18, Thames Pool. Terry Cockburn snr (Coalville) 57-8-0, carp and bream, pellet at 13m, peg 16; Dave White (Sensas Coalville) 20-0-0; Phil Hull (Lane’s Baits) 19-2-0.
One More Cast, Lower Pen y clawdd Farm, Raglan, Glamorgan. Sun, 10. Dan Ewers (OMC) 41-0-0, carp, poled pellets, pegged on Wagtail Pool; Alan Williams (OMC) 29-8-0; Darran James (OMC) 25-5-0.
Packington Somers, Meriden, Warks. Wed, 23, Little Gearys. Jamie Clarkson (Packington) 42-0-0, F1s, tip and pellet, peg 7; Tony Musticone (Packington) 32-0-0; John Stockton (Barford) 31-0-0. Wed pm, 11, Molands Mere. John Burchell (Packington) 85-4-0, carp and F1s, pellet waggler, peg 44; Danny Tresigne (Packington) 74-5-0; Pete Hughes (Packington) 72-4-0.
Preston Innovations Boldings, Bridgnorth, Salop. Mon, 12, Sycamore and Chestnut pools. Phil Shaw (Preston Innovations Boldings) 64-7-0, carp to 5 lb and bream to 3 lb, poled maggot down side, peg 47 Sycamore; Colin Reynolds (Bilston Angling Centre) 64-1-0; Bob Hill (Shrewsbury) 50-3-0. Wed, 12, Chestnut. Stuart Aston (Swann Baits) 41-12-0, carp to 4 lb and skimmers, pellet and maggot down edge, peg 4; Tony Moreton (Preston Innovations) 35-9-0; Howard Williams (Tri-Cast Weston) 34-3-0. Sun, 27, Beech, Larch and Chestnut. Dave Brown (Maver Midlands) 92-2-0, carp to 6 lb, maggot and pellet at 7m and down side, peg 18 Beech; Kelvin Emlyn (Oakengates Angling Centre) 84-9-0; Craig Goldstraw (Telford) 56-14-0.
Preston Innovations Woodland View, Hadley, Worcs. Sat, 12, Ghost Pool. Simon Nickless (Saints) 51-2-0, carp, poled corn, peg 8; Gary Kirkham (ABC Baits) 47-8-0; Phil Bishop (ABC Baits) 39-8-0; Wayne Panting (Evesham AC) 38-0-0.
Redhill Fishery, Monmouth. Wed, 16, pole-only. Tony Summers (Wye Angling) 82-2-0, carp, corn over pellets, 12m and 14m, peg 34 Penny’s Pond; James Barnett (Risca) 73-14-0; Chris Shepherd (Cwmbran Angling Nobblers) 54-4-0.
Rhymney, Fochriw Feeder Pond, Mid-Glamorgan. Sun, 10. Colin Whitehouse (Rhymney) 8-4-0, a 7 lb carp, a hybrid and a roach, groundbait feedered single maggot, peg by car park; Brian Rees (Rhymney) 0-3-0. Riverside Fishery, Maesycwmmer, Gwent. Sat, 14. Clive Roberts (Sensas Nomads) 21-7-0, roach, casters, 5m and 6m, peg 4 Meadow Lake; Larry Salter (Ebbw Vale) 21-0-0; Dennis O’Leary (Ebbw Vale) 19-14-0.
Rough Hay AC, Staffs-Worcs Canal, Awbridge, Staffs. Sun, 16. Cliff Archbold 5-7-11, a chub plus bits, poled squatt and pinkie, peg 2; John Parker 3-5-0; Arthur Shaw 2-12-8 (all Rough Hay AC).
Solhampton Fishery Ind WL, Stourport-On-Severn, Worcs. Sun, 16, Kingfisher Pool. Andy Welding (Solhampton) 60-8-0, carp to 4 lb, poled pellet and corn at 13 metres to 13 metres, peg 5; Mark Betteridge (National Express Walsall) 55-12-0; Steve Burrus (Club 2000) 48-5-0. Final league: Mark Betteridge (National Express Walsall) 21; Andy Welding (Solhampton) 27; Karl Stephens (Colmic) 29.
Spencer Works, Redhill Fishery, Monmouth. Sat, 20. Andy Price (Newport) 28-12-0, carp, pole and feedered pellets, peg 10 Penny’s Pond; Alan Davies (Trealaw) 26-8-0; Aiden Williams (Spencer Works Juniors) 23-8-0; Warren Beard (Cwmbran) 23-4-0.
Stirrup Cup, Birmingham-Fazeley Canal, Curdworth, Warks. Sun, 9. Andy Curless (Preston Innovations Blackhorse) 3-4-0, a skimmer plus small roach and perch, poled squatt, peg 21; Graham Massey (Dams and Lock) 1-15-0.
TK Grueller, Cannock Extension Canal, Pelsall, W. Mids. Sat, 14. Big Col Talbot (Cashmores AC) 4-0-9, a bonus 2 lb tench plus roach and perch, poled joker, peg 1; Roy ‘The Shell’ Cotterill (Cashmores AC) 2-5-8; Garry Chalk (Cashmore’s AC) 2-3-11.
Tunnel Barn Farm, Shrewley, Warks. Mon, 17, Jennys Pool. Charlie McGurin (Fosters) 102-9-0, F1s, pellet at 2m, peg 16; Chris Constable (Tunnel Barn Farm Veterans) 83-14-0; Dave Chapman (Swann Baits) 80-1-0. Tues, 22, over-50s, House Pool 2. Pete Rice (Bag’em Matchbaits) 86-13-0, F1s, roach and skimmers, maggot at 2m, peg 1; Pete Hancox (Birmingham) 60-5-0; Mark Arrowsmith (Maver Newman Scotts) 50-0-0; Dave Smiddy (Maver Newman Scotts) 33-5-0. Wed, 22, New Pool. Richard Knowles (Shakespeare Superteam) 73-5-0, stockies and F1s, pellet at 8m, peg 27; Pete Hancox (Birmingham) 70-0-0; Dave James (Mosella UK) 60-12-0. Thurs, 53, Veterans, Jennys and High pools. Chris Constable 48-1-0, F1s, roach and skimmers, maggot at 6m and down edge, peg 33 High; Rolly Sturdy 47-8-0; John Berry 44-13-0; Ron Notley 40-14-0; Dennis Lutwytche 40-4-0; Len Watton 36-4-0 (all Tunnel Barn Farm Veterans). Fri, 17, Canal. Dave James (Mosella UK) 63-0-0, carp, F1s and barbel, poled maggot through slop down edge, peg 3; Pete Hancox (Birmingham) 45-1-0; Pete Caton (Drennan Banbury Gunsmiths) 39-14-0. Sat, 26, New. Pete Caton (Drennan Banbury Gunsmiths) 85-15-0, F1s, pellet at 14m to island, peg 25; Richard Knowles (Shakespeare Superteam) 75-2-0; Lloyd Hayes (Castle Ashby) 64-13-0; Ronnie Biggs (OHMS) 62-2-0. Sun, 24, House 2. Lee Richards (Packington) 66-9-0, F1s, maggot at 6m, peg 24; Pete Caton (Drennan Banbury Gunsmiths) 62-3-0; Steve Lovell (Mosella UK/Bait-Tech) 59-6-0; Pete Rice (Bag’em Matchbaits) 55-4-0.
White Springs, Pontarddulais, nr. Swansea. Sun, 18. Phil Lewis (Skewen) 49-0-0, carp and bream, feedered pellets, pegged on Match Lake; Aidan Morris (Swansea) 36-4-0; Peter Williams (Swansea) 33-8-0.
CALLING all match fishing organisers – give us your 2014 dates!
Are you running or connected with an Open fishing match taking place in 2014? Or maybe you have a series of events, a league or weekly event to promote? Email Angler’s Mail magazine the full details, including venue and ticket price and contact telephone number. Mark your email Matchplan and email to: email@example.com
Use the same email address for pictures from recent matches, and other match news.
Like us on Facebook >> AnglersMailMagazine
Follow us on Twitter >> @AnglersMail