Preston Innovations Matchman of the Year qualifiers
* Bilston Angling Centre Ind. WL, Shropshire Union Canal, Port Lane, Brewood, Staffs. Sun, 30. Steve Broome (Bilston Angling Centre) 12-5-0, roach and perch, poled caster, peg 11; Bob Edgerton (Stafford) 10-11-6; Barry Williams (Bilston Angling Centre) 9-2-2; Ian Hingley (Wolverhampton AA VDE) 8-0-4; Paul Turner (Wolverhampton AA VDE) 6-9-0; Jamie Edgerton (Wolverhampton AA VDE) 4-13-5.League: Steve Broome (Bilston Angling Centre) 9; Paul Turner and Ben Garbett (both Wolverhampton AA VDE) both 10.
* Blackford’s Progressive, Calf Heath Reservoir, Gailey, Staffs. Sat, 30. Chris Brown (JCB) 29-4-0, bream to 3 lb, Method feeder with maggot, peg 55; Gary Tyrrell (Salford) 24-1-0; Kev Tipton (Sensas) 20-3-0; Dave Shaw (Peg One Angling) 16-9-0.
* Coventry Canal WL, Cov, W. Mids. Sun, 32. Darren Lewis (Shakespeare Superteam) 14-15-12, 150 roach to 1 lb, poled bloodworm, peg B6 at Red Lane Boats; Darren Massey (Shakespeare Superteam) 12-6-3; Tony Barker (Shakespeare Superteam) 12-3-7; Pete Madeley (Dams & Lock One) 11-2-2; Ron Scales (Measham) 10-0-1; Tony Foster (Dams & Lock One) 9-5-8. Teams: Shakespeare Superteam 8; Shakespeare Agility 8; Dams & Lock One 11; Browning Central Force 19; Measham 22; Browning Central Hybrid 24.
* Moorlands Farm, Hartlebury, Worcs. Sat, 50, Winter Pairs Series, Silver, Middle, Bank, Moors and Island pools. Richard Kings (Colin Pace Academy) 61-2-0, F1s, maggot at 6m, peg 36 Silver Pool; Dave Williams (Halesowen RBL) 60-14-0; Lee Richards (Packington) 56-10-0; Mark Roberson (Browning Midlands) 47-4-0; Neil Davies (Club 2000) 46-10-0; Mal Watson (Daiwa Gordon League) 44-7-0. Pairs: Mal Watson (Daiwa Gordon League)/Colin Pace (Colin Pace Academy) and Lee Richards (Packington)/Neville Groves (Fosters) both 2; Richard Kings (Colin Pace Academy)/Neil Davies (Club 2000) 3. League: Richards/Groves 12; Kings/Davies 13pts; Roberson/Evans 14. Sun, 34. Pete Mace (Autism Birmingham) 53-6-0, carp, bomb and corn, peg 8 Bank Pool; Mal Watson (Daiwa Gordon League) 49-9-0; Clive Munslow (Moorlands) 38-5-0; Graham Palmer (Fitters Walsall) 14-0-0.
* Packington Somers, Meriden, Warks. Sun, 44, Molands Mere and Little Gearys. Mark Downes (Kamasan Starlets) 44-4-0, carp and F1s, pellet feeder, peg 42 Molands; Paul Amos (Packington) 43-8-0; Martin Wood (Solihull Angling Centre) 36-8-0; John Adamson (Nisa) 30-6-0; Ray Quinney (Packington) 30-2-0.
* Tunnel Barn Farm WL, Shrewley, Warks. Sat, 76, House 1 & 2, Club and Canal pools. Des Shipp (Bag’em Matchbaits) 75-4-0, F1s, roach and skimmers, maggot, 9m, peg 3 House Pool 2; Clive Nixon (Maver Gold/ Bag ’em’ Oak) 66-6-0; Ben Hart (Maver Gold/Bag ’em’ Oak) 64-4-0; Matt Djukic (Norfolk Boys) 61-12-0; Stu Palser (Drennan Banbury Gunsmiths) 60-13-0; Andy Searle (Middy Express) 58-7-0. Teams: Bag ’em’ Matchbaits 71; Maver Gold/Bag ’em Oak 60; Match Fishing Drawbags 57; MAP Bait-Tech 54; Norfolk Boys 53; MCM Bag ’em Matchbaits 51. League: Bag ’em Matchbaits 326; MAP Bait-Tech 313; Maver Gold/Bag ’em Oak 312; Match Fishing Drawbags and MCM Bag ’em Matchbaits both 311; Drennan Banbury Gunsmiths 283.
* Woodland View Winter Pairs, Deans, High & Arles pools. Sun, 60. Danny Ludgate (Mosella) 52-2-0, mainly carp, a few skimmers and roach, feeder with maggot and pellet, peg A22; Simon Nickless (Saints) 50-10-0; D. Williams (Allen’s Tackle Leamore) 48-0-0; A. Calla (Allen’s Tackle Leamore) 43-4-0. Pairs: Undisclosed.
Smaller fishing match results
Blackfords Progressive, Kingswood Lake, Cannock, Staffs. Sun, 10. John Burns (Blackfords) 10-8-0, 6 bream, Method feeder with maggot, peg 29; Ian Davies (Blackfords) 8-4-0; Kev Tipton (Sensas) 6-10-0.
Bridgnorth Comrades & Legion Combined Memorial, Hoccum Pool, Bridgnorth, Salop. Sun, 12. Dave Winwood (Bridgnorth AS) 30-3-0, 8 carp, pole fished bread flake, peg 13; Graham ilic (Bridgnorth Legion) 9-14-0; James Morris (Bridgnorth Comrades) 6-9-0.
Browning Lifestyle, Shropshire Union Canal, High Onn, Church Eaton, Staffs. Sat, 24. Bob Edgerton (Stafford) 9-11-6, small roach, poled bread and caster, peg 6; Dave Holbrook (Brownhills) 9-9-2; Stef Johansen (Team Eclipse) 7-5-0; Barry Jones (Four Ashes AC) 7-4-14; Kevin Perry (Browning Lifestyle) 6-5-0; Simon Preece (Browning Lifestyle) 5-12-10.
Elmbridge Fishery, Heron Pool, Droitwich, Worcs. Thurs, 11. Jim Russell (Elmbridge) 48-8-0, carp, pellet waggler, peg 25; Bill Hodgetts (Elmbridge) 35-7-0; John Pulley (Elmbridge) 34-5-0. Sat, 14, Heron Pool. Bill Hodgetts (Elmbridge) 62-0-0, carp, poled pellet, peg 40; Alan Harris (Harris MG) 48-8-0; Mark Bradley (M and B) 39-10-0. Sun, 10, Heron Pool. Jim Russell (Elmbridge) 82-8-0, carp, pellet waggler, peg 25; Pete Hodge (Storeys) 11-8-0; Jeff Hodge (Storeys) 8-8-0.
Glamorgan AC Charity, Treoes Lake, Bridgend. Sat, 18. Mick Welch (Pencoed) 15-4-0, bream on small groundbait feeder and maggots, peg 2 by entrance gate; Martin Giddy (Barry) 14-8-0; Brian Tandy (Bridgend) 13-5-0.
Glamorgan Rebels, Port Talbot Docks, Neath. Sun, 12. Mal Entwhistle (Glamorgan Rebels) 23-7-0, bream and roach on groundbait feeder and red maggots; Chris Bradley (Skewen) 13-7-0; Mike Towler (Glamorgan Rebels) 10-12-0.
Goodyear AC, Shropshire Union Canal, Cowley, Staffs. Sun, 10. Mick Round (Goodyear AC) 3-5-0, roach and perch, poled squatt and pinkie, peg 10; Gus Godfrey (Goodyear AC) 1-9-0; Steve Thomson (Goodyear AC) 1-7-0.
Hawkesbury Fishery, Bedworth, Warks, Thurs. 13. Grant Merritt (Hawkesbury) 20-8-0, roach and skimmers, poled maggot and pellet, peg 5. Dennis Lutwytche (Hawkesbury) 18-5-0; Richard Grant (Hawkesbury/Gillette) 17-2-0. Sat. 16. Charlie Merritt (Hawkesbury) 26-5-0, roach and skimmers, poled maggot and pellet, peg 40. Grant Merritt (Hawkesbury) 22-14-0; Rolly Sturdy (Hawkesbury/Tetley) 19-4-0. Sun. 19. Richard Grant (Hawkesbury/Gillette) 38-10-0, carp and bream, poled pellet and corn, peg 20. George Cairnes (Hawkesbury/Kodak) 24-7-0; Rolly Sturdy (Hawkesbury/Tetley) 21-12-0.
Iffers, Church Lake, S. Wales. Sun, 13. Darran Saunders (Iffers) 45-0-0, carp on long pole and pellets, peg 7; Dennis Sherwood (Wye Angling) 42-12-0; Wayne Meek (Iffers) 41-11-0.
King’s Pools, Affordable, Shareshill, Wolverhampton, W. Mids., Tues, Big Match Pool, 15. Jordon Hall (Maver Midlands/Bag’em) 60-4-0, F1s, poled maggot, peg 48; Matt Stockton (Maver Midlands) 54-0-0; Phil Aston (King’s) 45-0-0. Sat, Big Match Pool. 10. Johnny Bridgewood (King’s) 38-2-0, F1s, poled pellet, peg 59; Tony Wollaston (Fatty’s Bait & Tackle) 34-3-0; Dave Doughty (Woodend) 34-3-0.
Moorlands Farm, Hartlebury, Worcs, Rover, Tues. 28. Richard Kings (Colin Pace Academy) 83-2-0, F1’s, poled maggot at 6m, peg 34, Silver Pool. Graham Palmer (Fitters Walsall) 61-12-0; Dave Kruckow (Decca’s) 53-5-0. Wed. 22, Silver, Middle and Island Pools. Chris Hill (Mosella) 63-12-0, F1’s, poled pellet at 6m, peg 27, Silver Pool. Lawrence Connolly (Colin Pace Academy) 48-10-0; Colin Pace (Colin Pace Academy) 48-0-0. Thurs. 30, Bank Moors, Island and Meadow Pools. Frank Bradney (Hasbury AC) 48-7-0, carp, straight lead and bread, peg 20, Bank Pool. Chris Bradney (Club 2000) 39-10-0; Lawrence Connolly (Colin Pace Academy) 39-1-0.
Mosella Manor Farm Leisure, Harvington, Island and Boundry Pools, Thurs. 18. Gerry Lundy (Alvechurch Veterans) 77-8-0, carp and F1’s, poled pellet and groundbait feeder, peg 32, Island Pool. Terry Winstone (Bonehill Mill) 70-0-0; Andy Wilkes (Bidford AC) 45-4-0. Sat. 18, Windmill and Ash Pools. Steve Partington (Arthurs Angling Supplies) 88-12-0, carp, F1’s and skimmers, poled pellet, peg 16, Windmill Pool. Andy Stone (Manor Farm Leisure) 82-8-0; Neil McKinnon (Preston Innovations) 78-12-0. Sun. 16, Island and Ash Pools. Steve Waters (Banbury Gunsmiths) 120-4-0, carp and F1’s, poled pellet and straight lead and bread,67-0-0. peg 7, Ash Pool. Chris Telling (Colmic/Airon) 83-12-0; Steve Ford (Daiwa Gordon League/Old Ghost)
Nisa Feeders, Dynamite Makins, Wolvey, Warks. Thurs, 27, Lizard Pool. Steve Randall (Attleborough Angling) 56-12-0, 8 carp, poled corn, peg 5. Dave White (Mansfield Sensas) 48-4-0; Mick White (Coalville) 42-8-0.
Old Ghost, Furnace Mill, Bewdley, Worcs. Sun, 12. Dean Sheldon (Foster’s AC) 49-7-0, carp to 6 lb, poled 4mm expander pellets over micro pellet feed, Mill Pool peg 93; Ed Gray (Furnace Mill) 33-0-0; Ross Sheldon (Furnace Mill) 21-8-0.
Packington Somers, Meriden, Warks. Sat, 19, Molands Mere. John Adamson (Packington) 52-0-0, F1s, poled pellet, peg 52; Craig O’Brien (Fast Feeders/Packington) 50-14-0; Paul Hunter (Pools Fodder) 33-7-0.
Pontypool, Lower Pen y clawdd Farm, Raglan. Sun, 17. Neil Dibble (Cwmbran Angling Nobblers) 45-0-0, small carp on pole with pellets and maggots, peg on straight on Wagtail Pool; Rob Skellett (Cwmbran Angling Nobblers) 44-0-0; Paul Blanch (Pontypool) 42-2-0; John Dunlop (Pontypool) 37-0-0.
Preston Innovations Boldings, Bridgnorth, Salop, Sycamore Pool, Mon. 12. Steve Lawrence (Preston Innovations Boldings) 33-6-0, carp to 5lb, poled corn and maggot at 8m and against the dam wall, peg 8. Eric Bancroft (Rod and Gun) 31-0-0; Alistair Humphries (Preston Innovations Boldings) and Martin Smith (Preston Innovations Boldings) both 19-14-0. Wed. 12, Oak Pool. Kelvin Emlyn (Oakengates Angling Centre) 49-11-0, carp to 4lb, poled maggot down the side, peg 13. Mark Taylor Shakespeare) 36-3-0; Tony Foster (Preston Innovations Boldings) 34-2-0. Thurs. 35, Ash, Beech and Sycamore Pools. Nige Clarke (Matrix Total Angling) 49-14-0, carp to 4lb, poled corn and maggot at 13m and poled maggot down the side, peg 16, Ash Pool. Eric Bancroft (Rod and Gun) 49-9-0; Andy Williams (Colmic Vespe) 45-6-0; John Nugent (Telford) 44-10-0. Sat. 28, Sycamore Pool. Sean Barber (Maver Midlands) 63-11-0, carp to 5lb and barbel to 3lb, poled maggot at 12m and down the sides, peg 8. Morgan Davidson (Oakengates Angling Centre) 58-8-0; Dave Brown (Maver Midlands) 48-4-0; Martin Harrell (Maver Midlands) 47-2-0.
Preston Innovations Woodland View, Hadley, Worcs. Tues, Deans Pool, 11. Phil Bishop (Peg One Angling) 39-8-0, carp and bits, short lead with corn and pellet, peg D10; Anthony Mansell (Frenzee) 36-8-0; Simon Nickless (Saints) 26-8-0; Tony Thorn (Frenzee) 24-0-0. Sat, 28, Individual Silver Fish League, Arles, High & Front Deans. Andy Pollard (Daiwa Gordon League) 18-15-0, silvers, poled micro pellet and maggot at 11 metres, peg A16; Lee Edwards (Preston Innovations) 18-10-0; Les Thompson (Matrix) 15-9-0; Derek Jarman (Maver Lobworms) 14-8-0.
Sion Farm, Kidderminster, Worcs. Wed, 15. Brent Wilkes (Mosella Bait-Tech) 20-2-0, all roach, poled caster at 6 metres, peg 32; Daniel Tresign (Mosella Bait-Tech) 15-10-0; Trevor Chalk (Sensas WB Clarke) 14-10-0; Brian Rigby (Shakespeare Superteam) 13-6-0; Carl Daley (Dams & Lock) 13-4-0. Sun, 22, Silver Fish. Phil Watts (Bait-Tech) 8-12-0, roach and skimmers, waggler, pole and maggot, peg 37; Trevor Chalk (Sensas WB Clarke) 8-7-0; John Goodwin (Tea Pot Clan) 6-14-0.
Solhampton Ind. WL, Solhampton Fishery, Stourport-On-Severn, Worcs. Sun, 20, Dragonfly, Duck & Badger pools. Badger. Burgess Homer (Solhampton) 32-8-0, stockies and carp to 6 lb, poled corn and pellet at 11 metres, peg 14; Paul Bailey (Vets) 26-8-0. Duck. Dave “Lofty” Harrison (Solhampton) 111-8-0, carp, poled corn at 11 metres, peg 5; A. Crosshaw (Solhampton) 59-10-0. Dragonfly. Mark Betteridge (National Express Walsall) 42-8-0, carp to 4 lb, poled pellet and corn at 11 metres, peg 20; Adrian Wyatt (Solhampton) 33-12-0. League: Mark Betteridge (National Express Walsall) 7; Dave Parry (Solhampton) 10; Steve Burrus (Club 2000) 10.
Spencer Works, Redhill Fishery, Monmouth. Sat, 14. Alan Davies (Trealaw) 48-8-0, carp on long pole and pellets, peg 15 on Sophie’s Pond; Mark Guerra (Newport) 36-12-0; Gary Thomas (Cwmbran) 21-4-0; Rob Jones (Newport) and Barry Jones (Newport) both 18-4-0.
Stirrup Cup, Birmingham Fazeley Canal, Curdworth, Warks. Wed, 5. Mal Galliers (Stirrup Cup) 5-5-7, small roach, hand skimmers plus a few perch, poled squatt and caster, peg 47; Clark Taylor (Stirrup Cup) 4-9-8. Sun, 7. Digger Conway (Browning Lifestyle) 5-5-4, roach and hand-sized skimmers, poled caster and maggot, peg 47; Graham Massey (Dams & Lock) 4-13-9; Alan Newman (Stirrup Cup) 3-9-12.
Tickle Memorial, Steam Mills Lake, Cinderford, Gloucs. Sun, 13. Sam Grindle (RFODAC) 4-8-0, bream and roach on groundbait feeder and maggots, peg 12; Ross Hale (RFODAC) 3-0-0; Luke Burge (RFODAC) 2-2-0.
Tunnel Barn Farm, Shrewley, Warks, House Pools 1 and 2, New and Top Pools, Mon. 30 pairs=60. Adam Wakelin (Preston Innovations) 81-8-0, F1’s, roach and skimmers, poled maggot at 8m, peg 2, House Pool 2. Adam Rumble (Maver Gold) 72-2-0; Pete Rice (Bag ’em’ Matchbaits) 69-11-0; Steve Skelton (Tunnel Barn Farm) 68-2-0; Mick Skelton (Tunnel Barn Farm) 65-4-0; Nigel Rimmer (Maver Gold/Bag ’em’ Matchbaits) 62-12-0. Pairs: Pete Rice (Bag ’em’ Matchbaits) and Paul Bick (Shakespeare Super Team) 2pts, 114-14-0; Steve and Mick Skelton (Tunnel Barn Farm) and Adam Wakelin and Jason Labosque (Preston Innovations) both 3pts. Mon. 16 over 50’s, Club Pool. Dave Chapman (Swann Baits) 39-2-0, carp, F1’s and stockies, poled maggot at 6 and 8m, peg 13. Steve Birch (Northfields) 25-0-0; Graham Young (Youngs Match Group) 24-10-0. Tues. 25, New Pool. Wayne Ainsworth (Mid-City) 44-5-0, F1’s, poled maggot at 6 and 8m, peg 1. Chris Goergen (Sensas France) 42-14-0; Steve Kinch (Dynamite Baits) 38-11-0. Wed. 17, Club Pool. Chris Goergen (Sensas France) 37-14-0, carp, F1’s and stockies, poled maggot at 6, 8 and 10m, peg 16. John Fowlkes (South Witham) 35-5-0; Pete Rice (Bag ’em’ Matchbaits) 33-5-0. Thurs. 52 Veterans, Canal, Club and Jennys Pools. Dave Kingsley (Tunnel Barn Farm Veterans) 42-8-0, carp and F1’s, poled pellet at 6m, peg 18, Jennys Pool. Dave Pope (Tunnel Barn Farm Veterans) 40-9-0; Alan Robinson (Tunnel Barn Farm Veterans) 36-9-0; John Stockton (Tunnel Barn Farm Veterans) 33-10-0; Steve Stokes (Tunnel Barn Farm Veterans) 31-7-0; Rolly Sturdy (Tunnel Barn Farm Veterans) 28-4-0. Fri. 18, Bottom Pool. Les Wetton (Tunnel Barn Farm/F1 Baits) 37-6-0, carp and skimmers, poled pellet down the edge, peg 27. Pete Rice (Bag ’em’ Matchbaits) 34-8-0; Dave Armstrong (Jets Match Group) 29-3-0. Sun. 21, House Pool 2. Stu Palser (Middy Banbury Gunsmiths) 54-8-0, F1’s, roach and skimmers, poled maggot at 10 and 12m, peg 28. Pete Rice (Bag ’em’ Matchbaits) 53-6-0; Wayne Sweetman (Tunnel Barn Farm) 49-4-0; Ben Hart (Tamworth Tackle) 44-12-0.
White Springs, Pontarddulais, nr. Swansea. Sun, 20. Rob Jones (Frenzee) 64-4-0, carp and bream on feeder and pellets, peg 11 on New Canal; Andrew Ford (Swansea) 62-8-0; Luke Sorokin (Frenzee) 53-10-0; Nigel Morris (Neath) 41-0-0.
Wolverhampton AA, Shropshire Union Canal, Brewood, Staffs. Tues, 29. Barry Williams (Bilston Angling Centre) 10-14-11, all roach, poled bread punch, peg 3; Richard Guest (Maver Midlands) 10-11-14; Nigel Clayton (Browning Lifestyle) 9-13-0; Ben Garbett (Wolverhampton AA VDE) 9-6-8; Eric Gardner (Team Eclipse) 8-1-9; Dennis Sumner (Bilston Angling Centre) 7-15-0.
Woodside Winter League, Dudley No. 2 Canal, Merry Hill, W. Mids. Sun. 20. Dave Sheaf (Black Country Tackle) 6-1-0, roach and perch, poled caster, peg 58; Barry Robson (Cradley Heath Labour) 3-12-0; Dave Anderson (ZLT) 3-11-0; Kevin Clark (Cradley Heath Labour AC) 3-8-0; Pete Hatton (ZLT) 3-6-0; Simon Preece (Browning Lifestyle) 2-1-0. League: Dave Sheaf (Black Country Tackle) 3; Dave Wood (Black Country Tackle) 6.
CALLING all match fishing organisers – give us your 2014 dates!
Are you running or connected with an Open fishing match taking place in 2014? Or maybe you have a series of events, a league or weekly event to promote? Email Angler’s Mail magazine the full details, including venue and ticket price and contact telephone number. Mark your email Matchplan and email to: email@example.com
Use the same email address for pictures from recent matches, and other match news.
Like us on Facebook >> AnglersMailMagazine
Follow us on Twitter >> @AnglersMail