Preston Innovations Matchman of the Year qualifiers
* Bilston Angling Centre Ind WL, Shropshire Union Canal, Brewood, Staffs. Sun, 30. Barry Astbury (Cashmore’s AC) 7-4-4, roach and skimmers, poled bread punch and pinkie, peg 16; Rob Lloyd (Maver Midlands) 6-7-8; Bruce Birch (Four Ashes AC) 6-6-0; Barry Jones (Four Ashes AC) 6-4-0; Mark Oakley (Cashmore’s AC) 6-0-0; Richard Guest (Maver Midlands) 5-2-6. League: Bruce Birch (Four Ashes AC) 12; Paul Turner (Wolverhampton AA VDE) and Steve Broome (Bilston Angling Centre) both 13.
* Coventry Canal WL, Cov Cut, Tamworth, Staffs. Sun, 32. Jason Cunningham (Shakespeare Superteam) 10-8-14, four skimmers plus roach to 1 lb, poled caster, peg B4; Ian Sharratt (Dams & Lock 2) 7-12-10; Terry Smith (Measham) 6-13-0; Tony Barker (Shakespeare Superteam) 5-7-5; Alex Powell (Dams & Lock 1) 5-5-0; Paul Bostock (Browning Central) 5-1-11. Teams: Dams & Lock 1 12; Shakespeare Agility 14; Shakespeare Superteam 15; Browning Central 15; Measham 16; Dams & Lock 2 17. League: Shakespeare Agility 22; Shakespeare Superteam 23; Dams & Lock 1 23; Browning Central 34; Measham 38; Dams & Lock 2 42.
* Moorlands Farm Pairs, Hartlebury, Worcs. Sat, 50, Silver, Middle, Bank, Moors and Island pools. Chris Hill (Mosella) 44-4-0, F1s, pellet, 10m, peg 31 Silver; Paul Kruckow (Decca AC) 43-15-0; Dave Parry (Decca AC) 43-6-0; Pete Hodge (Colin Pace Academy) 38-6-0; Neville Groves (Fosters) 34-2-0; Paul Little (Colin Pace Academy) 33-8-0. Pairs: Clive Wright (Mosella)/Clive Munslow (Moorlands) and Paul Krackow/Dave Parry (Decca AC) both 3; Lee Richards (Packington)/Neville Groves (Fosters) 4. League: Lee Richards/Neville Groves 16; Clive Wright/Clive Munslow 22; Colin Pace/Mal Watson 23.
* Packington Somers, Meriden, Warks. Sat, 36, , Molands Mere. Shane Whittaker (Tackle Shack Nuneaton) 34-2-0, carp and F1s, pellet feeder, peg 46; Andy Fulleylove (Packington) 30-6-0; Alan Hill (Packington) 30-2-0; Criag O’Brien (Fast Feeders/Packington) 26-10-0; Mark Sumners (Packington) 22-4-0. Sun, 46, Molands Mere and Little Gearys. John ‘Ladder’ Adamson (Packington) 51-10-0, carp and F1s, pellet feeder, peg 9, Little Geary’s; Pete Heaven (Greyhound AC) 40-8-0; Steve White (Kobra Feeders) 34-0-0; James Evans (Solihull Angling Centre) 29-10-0; John Burchell (Packington) 25-10-0; Duncan Clarke (Solihull Angling Centre) 24-8-0.
* Tunnel Barn Farm, Shrewley, Warks. Sat, 76, Winter League, House 1/2, Canal, Club and New pools. Pete Rice (Bag’em Matchbaits) 74-4-0, F1s, pellet at 2m and maggot at 4m, peg 7 Club Pool; Richard Knowles (MCM Bag’em) 73-1-0; Jason Brown (Taylor’s Four) 65-5-0; Neil Machin (MCM Bag’em) 59-13-0; Paul Yates (Bag’em Matchbaits) 57-11-0; Paul Marlow (ABC) 50-10-0. Teams: Bag’em Matchbaits 60; MCM Bag’em 59; Match Fishing Drawbags 54; Middy Express 53; Norfolk Boys 51; Maver Gold Bag’em Oak 50. League: Bag’em Matchbaits 386; MCM Bag’em 370; Match Fishing Drawbags 365; Maver Gold Bag’em Oak 362; MAP Bait-Tech 346; Drennan Banbury Gunsmiths 329.
Sun, 38, New Pool. Lee Richards (Packington) 52-8-0, F1s, maggot at 5, 6, 10 and 12m, peg 42; Pete Caton (Drennan Banbury Gunsmiths) 49-10-0; Steve Conway (Shakespeare Superteam) 45-2-0; Dave Elliott (Mosella) 42-9-0; Pete Rice (Bag’em Matchbaits) 42-1-0; Gary Cook (Mosella) 38-10-0.
Smaller fishing match results
Blackford’s Progressive, Kingswood Lake, Cannock, Staffs. Sat, 15. Kevin Tipton (Sensas) 16-4-0, 15 skimmers and two bream, feedered squatt and pinkie, peg 40; Dave Ridgeway (Shifnal) 8-11-0; Dave Shaw (Peg One Angling) 7-8-0.
Cardiff Nomads, Hendre Lake, Cardiff. Sat, 12. Clive Branson (Sensas Nomads) 19-4-0, roach and skimmers. waggler and maggot, peg 5; Clive Roberts (Sensas Nomads) 17-10-0; Richard Candy (Sensas Nomads) 13-12-0.
Cefn Mably, Cardiff. Wed, 14, over-50s. Mike Yandle (Tredegar) 86-6-0, carp, poled pellets, peg 22 Match Lake; Paddy Payne (Merthyr) 35-0-0; Phil Rawlings (Newport) 31-0-0.
Crewe & District, Shropshire Union Canal, Market Drayton, Salop. Sun, 19. George Cooke (Frank’s) 5-13-8, gudgeon and the odd roach, short pole and pinkie, peg 1; Simon Preece (Browning Lifestyle) 3-14-8; Steve Fogel (Crewe) 2-10-0; Fred Cheetham (Team Eclipse) 2-3-0; Dean Williams (Team Eclipse) 2-2-8.
Earlswood Lakes, Solihull, Birmingham. Sun, 15, Yachter Pool. Pete Millard (Redditch) 28-10-0, bream to 3 lb, feeder and worm, peg 54; James Robbins (Shakespeare Superteam) 20-12-0; Steve Williams (Shakespeare Superteam) 17-0-0; Barry Cheese (Earlswood) 17-0-0.
Elmbridge, Droitwich, Worcs. Thurs, 10, Peacock Pool. Rob Geaps (Club 2000) 30-8-0, carp, poled pellet, peg 21; Jim Russell (Elmbridge) 29-8-0; Tony Webb (Phil’s Tackle) 14-6-0. Sat, 10, Heron. Mark Bradley (M and B) 29-10-0, carp, poled pellet and corn, peg 8; Gordon Heritage (Green Vets) 12-4-0; Jim Russell (Elmbridge) 11-6-0. Sun, 14, Pheasant. Gary Hobbis (Elmbridge) 12-5-0, single carp, poled maggot, peg 37; Sid Toroni (White Acres) 10-7-0; Craig Purchase (Brewed) 9-11-0.
Furnace Mill, Bewdley, Worcs. Sun, 14. Steve Harris (Grant Albutt Angling Supplies) 69-8-0, carp to 7 lb, chub, roach and perch, 4mm expanders over micros at 14 and 16m, Mill peg 90; Daz Randle (Mosella Black Country) 52-6-0; Max Galaszewski (Furnace Mill) 48-11-0.
Goodyear AC, Staffs-Worcs Canal, Slade Heath, Staffs. Sun, 8. Johnny Benness (Goodyear AC) 4-2-0, 2 bream, roach and gudgeon, poled punched bread and pinkie, end peg 10; Malcolm Bethell (Goodyear AC) 3-10-8.
Hawkesbury, Bedworth, Warks. Sat, 14. Jamie Gallaway (Hawkesbury) 32-1-0, carp, poled caster and corn, peg 36; Rolly Sturdy (Hawkesbury/Tetley) 30-1-0; Grant Merritt (Hawkesbury) 29-11-0. Sun, 18. Richard Grant (Hawkesbury/Gillette) 35-11-0, carp, wagglered corn, peg 40; Charlie Merritt (Hawkesbury) 25-4-0; George Cairnes (Hawkesbury/Kodak) 21-3-0.
King’s Pools, Shareshill, W. Mids. Wed, 14, Big Match Pool. Daz Warden (King’s) 42-0-0, F1’s, poled pellet, peg 37; Les Willey (King’s) 34-3-0; Gary Hall (Allen’s Tackle, Leamore) 26-7-0. Sat, 14. Daz Warden (King’s) 50-2-0, F1’s poled pellet, peg 37; Mel Brookes (King’s) 35-0-0; Nigel Clarke (King’s) 32-4-0.
Monk Hall, Monkhopton, Salop. Sun, 12, , Lark Pool. Ben Stanford (Monk Hall) 28-4-0, mixed, poled maggot and corn, peg 2; Dave Hodnett (Monk Hall) 24-8-0; Cliff Stanford (Monk Hall) 12-4-0.
Moorlands Farm, Hartlebury, Worcs. Tues, 15, rover, all pools. Martin Lafevre (Moorlands Gold) 36-3-0, F1s and skimmers, pellet at 6m, peg 12 Middle; Mark Blackburn (West Midlands Police/Maver) 29-3-0; Lawrence Connolly (Colin Pace Academy) 14-0-0. Wed, 17, over 50s, Silver Pool. Paul Adlington (Club 2000) 72-10-0, F1s, poled maggot down edge, peg 27; Mal Watson (Daiwa Gordon League) 48-8-0; Graham Palmer (Fitters Walsall) 42-0-0. Thurs, 19, Bank and Island. Steve Rowe (Old Bear) 32-0-0, carp to 17 lb, bomb and corn, peg 21 Island; Paul Little (Colin Pace Academy) 16-6-0; Ray Phillips (Colin Pace Academy) 13-10-0. Sun, 26, Meadow. Colin Pace (Colin Pace Academy) 26-1-0, carp and skimmers, pellet at 10m, peg 56; Mick Henshall (Fosters) 22-10-0; Paul Little (Colin Pace Academy) 17-4-0.
Mosella Manor Farm Leisure, Harvington, Worcs. Wed, 11, Island Pool. Steve Wheeler (Fisherman’s Friend) 57-8-0, carp and F1s, poled pellet and groundbait feeder, peg 27; Terry Winstone (Bonehill Mill) 53-14-0; Neil Carlos (Ridgemere) 42-4-0. Thurs, 13, Island. Barry Duggan (Warwick Portobello) 89-8-0, carp and F1s, poled pellet and pellet feeder, peg 6; Andy Beasley (RAF Garbolino) 52-2-0; Andy Grimes (Banbury Gunsmiths) 46-8-0. Sat, 14, Windmill. Paul Darnall (Clampits) 49-12-0, carp, F1s and skimmers, poled pellet and pellet feeder, peg 31; Steve Beard (Shipston AC) 42-12-0; Neil McKinnon (Preston Innovations) 30-4-0. Sun, 17, Island and Boundary. Phil Hardwick (Banbury Gunsmiths) 66-14-0, carp, F1s and skimmers, poled pellet and groundbait feeder, peg 16, Island Pool; Chris Telling (Colmic Airon) 64-6-0; Tony Shepherd (Banbury Gunsmiths) 55-8-0.
Nisa Feeders, Dynamite Makins, Wolvey, Warks. Wed, 21, Lake 4. Andy Findlay (Preston Innovations/Sonubaits) 49-6-0, carp, long range bomb and pellet, peg 25; Pete Wood (Makins) 42-4-0; Richard Kidda (Makins) 31-10-0; Wayne Greenfield (Manchester AC) 19-4-0; Grant Merritt (Richard Grants) 17-6-0. Thurs, 18, Snake. Grant Merritt (Hawkesbury) and Mick Martin (Attleborough Sports) both 17-8-0, Merritt peg 19, Martin peg 10; Allan Neale (Tackle Shack) 17-6-0; Lee Westwood (Lichfield) 11-14-0; David Kent (Long Eaton Victoria AS) 9-12-0.
Port Talbot Docks, West Glamorgan. Sun, 18. Steve Shaw (Marukyu) 50-13-0, bream, corn with casters in feeder, peg 8 day ticket bank; Mike Towler (Glamorgan Rebels) 36-6-0; Gary Swaine (Cardiff Nomads) 19-0-0. Preston Innovations Boldings, Bridgnorth, Salop. Mon, 12, Chestnut Pool. Dave Doughty (Woodend) 35-10-0, carp to 4 lb, poled maggot at the bottom of shelf, peg 38; Eric Bancroft (Rod and Gun) 34-12-0; Chris Holmes (Middle Severn Angling) and Adam Slade (Sedgley) both returned 31-2-0. Wed, 12, Middle. Mick Jameson (Preston Innovations Boldings) 48-12-0, carp to 4 lb, poled pellet and maggot down side, peg 19; Ken Humphreys (Oswestry) 36-6-0; Brian Clark (Colmic Marukyu) 28-13-0. Thurs, 21, Chestnut. Adam Slade (Sedgley) 52-15-0, carp to 4 lb and skimmers to 2 lb, maggot at 5m and down side, peg 30; Howard Williams (Tri-Cast Weston) 40-8-0; John Wild (Stafford) 32-7-0; Mick Jameson (Preston Innovations Boldings) 31-15-0. Sat, 12, Oak and Beech. Alan Naylor (Oakengates Angling Centre) 47-5-0, carp to 5 lb, pellet at 14m, peg 16, Oak; Dave Brown (Maver Midlands) 40-11-0; Mick Jameson (Preston Innovations Boldings) 28-0-0; Steve Roberts (Oakengates Angling Centre) 25-1-0. Sun, 29, Larch and Sycamore. Sean Barber (Maver Midlands) 75-12-0, carp to 5 lb and skimmers 2 lb, poled pellet and maggot down shelf, peg 21 Larch; Dave Lloyd (Maver Midlands) 50-8-0; Paul Weaver (Preston Innovations Boldings) 46-8-0; Scott Doodson (Preston Innovations) 44-10-0.
Redhill Fishery, Monmouth. Wed, 14, pole-only. James Barnett (Risca) 48-8-0, carp, pellets at 12m, peg 11 Sophie’s Pond; Tony Summers (Wye Angling) 47-10-0; Steve Shaw (Marukyu) 44-12-0.
Reedswood AC, Reedswood Pool, Walsall, W. Mids. Sun, 13. Linden Pickett (Beechdale AC) 12-14-0, small carp, feeder and corn, peg 14; Carl Joyce (Allen’s Tackle, Leamore) 11-0-0; Mick Cope (Beechdale AC) 4-7-0.
Rhymney, Fochriw Feeder Pond, Gwent. Sun, 10. Colin Whitehouse (Rhymney) 11-6-0, single carp, foul hooked on method feeder with size 20 hook and 2.5lb line, peg opposite island; Jess Pugh (Rhymney) 3-4-0.
Sion Farm, Kidderminster, Worcs. Sun, 19, silvers. Roger Park (Sion Farm) 19-10-0, skimmers and roach, caster and pellet at 11m, peg 32; Daz Cox (Sion Farm) 17-3-0; Mark Williams (Bait-Tech) 14-6-0.
Solhampton Ind WL, Solhampton Fishery, Stourport-On-Severn, Worcs. Sun, 18, Badger & Partridge pools. Badger: Mark Betteridge (National Express Walsall) 53-2-0, small stockies and carp to 5 lb, poled pellet at 11 metres, peg 14; Andy Welding (Solhampton) 45-11-0; Mark White (Solhampton) 33-4-0. Partridge: Ashley Crowshaw (Solhampton) 39-0-0, mainly carp to 3 lb and ide, poled corn and pellet, peg 20; Steve Burrus (Club 2000) 30-3-0; Burgess Homer (Solhampton) 28-14-0. League: Mark Betteridge (National Express Walsall) 8; Steve Burrus (Club 2000), Andy Welding (Solhampton) and Burgess Homer (Solhampton) all 12.
Spencer Works, Cefn Mably Lakes, Gwent. Sat, 20. Phil Weaver (Newport) 57-12-0, carp, poled casters over pellets, peg 50 Bridge Pool; Jim Palmer (Cardiff) 49-8-0; Nicky Bevan (Newport) 40-0-0; Les Turberville (Newport) 30-0-0.
Tunnel Barn Farm, Shrewley, Warks. Mon, 18, Canal Pool. Wayne Sweetman (Tunnel Barn Farm) 41-1-0, F1s, roach and skimmers, maggot at 6, 8 and 10m, peg 7; Dave Chapman (Swann Baits) 39-7-0; Steve Birch (Northfields) 32-8-0; Pete Hancox (Birmingham) 30-14-0. Tues, 30, over-50s, Jennys and Club. Les Wetton (Tunnel Barn Farm/F1 Baits) 83-7-0, F1s, white maggot at 2, 4 and 6m, peg 26 Jennys; Dave Chapman (Swann Baits) 53-7-0; Dave Pope (Tunnel Barn Farm Veterans) 44-8-0; Malcolm Jones (Banbury Gunsmiths) 28-14-0. Wed, 16, House Pool 2. Pete Rice (Bag’em Matchbaits) 103-3-0, F1s, perch, roach and skimmers, poled maggot at 2m, peg 9; Chris Constable (Tunnel Barn Farm Veterans) 74-1-0; Steve Rowe (Milton Keynes) 68-7-0. Thurs, 62, Veterans, High, Club and Jennys. John Berry 77-7-0, F1s and stockies, poled pellet at 12.5m to the island, peg 43, High Pool; Chris Constable 54-3-0; Ken Turner 42-1-0; Bill Weale 41-14-0; Keith Palfrey 40-13-0; Alan Robinson 28-1-0 (all Tunnel Barn Farm Veterans). Fri, 18, Jennys. Simon Skelton (Middy) 91-11-0, F1s, roack and skimmers, pellet at 12m and down edge, peg 4; Pete Rice (Bag’em Matchbaits) 67-10-0; David James (Mosella) 64-11-0; Tony Ainsworth (Mid-City) 63-11-0; Les Wetton (Tunnel Barn Farm/F1 Baits) 59-7-0.
White Springs, nr Swansea. Sun, 25. Nigel Morris (Tredegar Angling Centre) 40-4-0, carp and bream, poled pellets, Match Lake; Wes Sheldon (Tredegar Angling Centre) 27-0-0; James Barnett (Risca) 26-11-0.
Wolverhampton AA, Shropshire Union Canal, Pendeford, W. Mids. Sat, 22. Steve Broome (Bilston Angling Centre) 8-8-13, roach and skimmers, poled caster, peg 15; Dave McCall (Shakespeare Superteam) 6-0-2; Alan Round (Browning Lifestyle) 5-13-14; Darren Massey (Shakespeare Superteam) 5-13-13; Dennis Sumner (Bilston Angling Centre) 5-5-9; Stef Johansen (Team Eclipse) 5-3-15.
Woodside Ind WL, Dudley No. 2 Canal, Merry Hill, W. Mids. Sun, 22. Johnny Billingham (Halesowen RBL) 4-4-0, roach and perch, poled bread punch and chopped worm, peg 82; Dave Sheaf (Black Country Tackle) 4-2-0; Brian Smith (Halesowen RBL) 4-0-0; Pete Hatton (ZLT) 3-13-8; Simon West (Cradley Heath Labour) 3-10-0; Steve Robson (Cradley Heath Labour) 3-8-0. League: Dave Sheaf (Black Country Tackle) 5; Barry Robson (Cradley Heath Labour), Steve Robson (Cradley Heath Labour) and Dave Wood (Bilston Angling Centre) all 9.
CALLING all match fishing organisers – give us your 2014 dates!
Are you running or connected with an Open fishing match taking place in 2014? Or maybe you have a series of events, a league or weekly event to promote? Email Angler’s Mail magazine the full details, including venue and ticket price and contact telephone number. Mark your email Matchplan and email to: email@example.com
Use the same email address for pictures from recent matches, and other match news.
Like us on Facebook >> AnglersMailMagazine
Follow us on Twitter >> @AnglersMail