Preston Innovations-Angler’s Mail Matchman of the Year qualifiers – for full coverage on this competition see Angler’s Mail magazine every week!
* Bilston Angling Centre Ind WL, Staffs-Worcs Canal, Awbridge, Staffs. Sun, 30. Dave Holbrook (Brownhills) 21-11-0, ten chub to 3 lb, poled red maggot, peg 22; Martin Owen (Browning Lifestyle) 15-13-0; Dave Richards (Four Ashes AC) 14-5-0; Ian Hingley (Wolverhampton AA VDE) 12-0-0; Wilf Kneller (Bilston Angling Centre) 9-8-0; Richard Buxton (Bilston Angling Centre) 8-8-0.League: Steve Broome (Bilston Angling Centre) 17; Barry Jones (Four Ashes AC), Paul Turner (Wolverhampton AA VDE) and Ian Hingley (Wolverhampton AA VDE) all 20.
* Coventry Canal WL, Coventry Canal, Mancetter, Warks. Sun, 32. Tony Barker (Shakespeare Agility) 8-6-10, three perch for 5 lb on poled lobworm plus roach on poled bloodworm, end peg B1; Derek Jackson (Dams & Lock 1) 5-11-0; Keith Brown (Browning Central Force) 4-1-12; Darren Lewis (Shakespeare Superteam) 4-1-0; Graham Neary (Dams & Lock 2) 3-6-3; Darren Massey (Shakespeare Superteam) 2-15-1.Teams: Dams & Lock 1 9; Shakespeare Superteam 15; Shakespeare Agility 17; Measham 17; Dams & Lock 2 20; Browning Central Force 20; Souths 4 20. League: Dams & Lock 1 44; Shakespeare Agility 48; Shakespeare Superteam 56; Dams & Lock 2 78; Measham 78; Browning Central Force 80.
* Moorlands Farm Pairs, Hartlebury, Worcs. Sat, 50, Silver, Middle, Bank, Moors and Island pools. Mal Watson (Daiwa Gordon League) 62-11-0, F1s, pellet down edge, Moors peg 12; Neville Groves (Fosters) 47-13-0; Lee Richards (Packington) 47-1-0; Clive Munslow (Moorlands) 36-1-0; Martrin Lafevre (Moorlands Gold) 31-7-0; Dave Parry (Decca’s AC) 30-1-0. Pairs: Lee Richards (Packington)/Neville Groves (Fosters) 2; Chris Hill (Mosella)/Dave Hill (Fosters) and Lee Harris (Shakespeare)/Simon Christian (Old Ghost) pairs 3. League: Richards/Groves 23; Harris/Christian 28; Watson/Pace 31.
* Mosella Manor Farm Leisure, Harvington, Worcs. Sun, 36, Ash, Middle, Island and Boundary pools. Neil McKinnon (Preston Innovations) 82-0-0, carp, F1s and skimmers, poled pellet and groundbait feeder, peg 5 Ash; Ben Sutor (Arthurs Angling Supplies) 61-10-0; Rich Hoskins (Daiwa Gordon League) 60-8-0; Paul Alder (Solihull Angling Centre) 59-12-0; Tony Shepherd (Banbury Gunsmiths) 56-4-0; Chris Telling (Colmic Airon) 52-10-0.
* Preston Innovations Woodland View, Hadley, Worcs. Sun, 60, Pairs League, Deans, High and Arles pools. Glyn Clarke (Browning West Midlands) 58-2-0, carp, pellet at 14 metres, peg D1; Chris Hill (Mosella) 58-0-0; K. Guest (Allen’s Tackle, Leamore) 50-4-0; Andy Taylor (Lobby’s Tackle) 43-0-0. Pairs result plus league to date undisclosed.
* Tunnel Barn Farm WL, Shrewley, Warks. Sat, 76, House 1/2, Top and Club pools. Des Shipp (Preston Innovations/Bag’em Matchbaits) 68-5-0, carp and F1s, poled pellet and maggot, Club peg 11; Richard Knowles (MCM Bag’em Matchbaits) 63-0-0; Matt Skelton (Middy Express) 59-4-0; Steve Conway (DS Floats) 54-13-0; Steve Allen (Maver Gold Bag’em Oak) 47-14-0; Paul Yates (Bag’em Matchbaits) 43-10-0. Teams: Bag’em Matchbaits 75; MCM Bag’em Matchbaits 65; Middy Express 54; Maver Gold Bag’em Oak 53; Drennan Banbury Gunsmiths and Match Fishing Drawbags both 48. Final League: Bag’em Matchbaits 550; MCM Bag’em Matchbaits 531; Match Fishing Drawbags 524; Maver Gold Bag’em Oak 505; MAP Bait-Tech 501; Drennan Banbury Gunsmiths 463. Individual: Stu Palser (Drennan Banbury Gunsmiths) 106; Joe Carass (Match Fishing Drawbags) 103; Richard Knowles (MCM Bag’em Matchbaits) 100.
Steve Collett now has a big feature EXCLUSIVELY in Angler’s Mail magazine – be sure to read it this week by getting the mag. It has stunning picture and Steve’s insightful, witty words.
Smaller fishing match results reported to the Angler’s Mail team
Email results, photos and dates to the regional reporter for your region to or firstname.lastname@example.org
Bridgnorth Comrades, Woodcote Hall, Salop. Sun, 13, Priory Pool. Graham Wade (Smethwick) 3-9-0, one carp, groundbait feeder, peg 18; Brian Preece (Bridgnorth AS) 2-7-0; Rosa Bailey (Bridgnorth AS) 0-9-0.
Earlswood Lakes, Solihull, B’ham. Sun, 20, Engine & Yachter pools. Budgie Bird (Tamworth) 15-10-0, seven bream, feeder and worm, Yachter Wall peg 50; Paul Downes (Kamasan Starlets) 8-2-0; Ian Barrow (Warwick) 6-12-0; Barry Cheese (Earlswood) 6-7-0; Mark Greening (Streetly) 6-2-0.
Elmbridge Fishery, Droitwich, Worcs. Sun, 15, Heron Pool. Tom Walton (Elmbridge) 15-8-0, carp, poled pellet, peg 36; Jim Russell (Elmbridge) 14-8-0; Alan Goode (Stevens Tackle) 14-6-0.
Furnace Mill Fisheries, Bewdley, Worcs. Sun, 12, all pools. Warren Jennings (Furnace Mill) 48-14-0, carp to 5 lb, chub, roach, perch and bream, poled 4 mm expander pellet over micro pellet, Mucky Meadow peg 51; Rob McNamara (Hay-on-Wye) 41-0-0; Ross Sheldon (Furnace Mill Fisheries) 38-2-0.
Goodyear AC, Staffs-Worcs Canal, Coven, Staffs. Sun, 9. Steve Thomson (Goodyear AC) 1-14-0, roach, poled bread punch, peg 3; Mick Round (Goodyear AC) 1-4-0; Michael Thomson (Goodyear AC) 1-1-4.
Hawkesbury Fishery, Bedworth, Warks. Sun, 21. Dennis Lutwytche (Hawkesbury) 54-13-0, carp, poled corn, peg 5; Terry Sanderson (Coalville) 50-13-0; Graham Beckwith (Tunnel Barn Farm) 24-15-0.
Heads of the Valleys, Lower Pen y clawdd Farm, Raglan, Monmouthshire. Sun, 15. Tony Taylor (HOV) 51-0-0, small carp, poled pellets, Wagtail Pool; Tony Valdi (HOV) 42-2-0; Rob Wiltshire (Cwmbran Angling Nobblers) 38-12-0.
Hodnet MG, Shropshire Union Canal, Cheswardine, Salop. Sun, 24. Ray Edge (Hodnet MG) 10-0-10, roach, skimmers and hybrids, poled caster and red maggot, bridge hole peg 120 at Wharf Pub; Phil Johnson (Browning Lifestyle) 6-2-0; Fred Cheetham (Team Eclipse) 4-0-0; Pete Shackleton (Cheshire MG) 3-10-8; Dean Williams (Team Eclipse) 3-8-12; Wayne Jeavons (Hodney MG) 3-5-8.
Holgan Farm, Llawhaden, W. Wales. Sun, 18. Kevin Roberts (Haverfordwest) 111-12-0, carp, corn in margins, peg 3 Match Lake; Scott Odam (Swansea) 69-14-0; Mark Close (Haverfordwest) 44-14-0.
Iffers, Docklow Pools, nr Hereford. Sun, 15. Wayne Meek (Iffers) 47-15-0, F1s, pellets, 12m, pegged on Stock Pool; Glyn Sherwood (Wye Angling) 18-11-0; Steve Thomas (Iffers) 18-6-0.
King’s Pools, Shareshill, Wolverhampton, Sun, 27, all pools. John Benjamin (King’s) 37-12-0, F1s, poled pellet, Carp Pool peg 18; Dave Doughty (Woodend) 24-9-0; John Gill (King’s) 22-4-0.
Moorlands Farm, Hartlebury, Worcs. Tues, 14, Rover. Martin Lafevre (Moorlands Gold) 55-6-0, F1s, pellet down edge, peg 12 Moors; Nigel Hargreaves (Colin Pace Academy) 36-4-0; George Reynolds (Kings Pools) 35-14-0. Thurs, 16, Silver. Tony Stead (West Midlands Police/Maver) 37-4-0, F1s, pellet at 6m, peg 29; Carl Jones (Maver) 36-15-0; Clive Munslow (Moorlands) 28-0-0. Sun, 22, Bank and Island. Iwan Mills (Robins Timber) 33-15-0, five carp, pellet down edge, peg 10 Bank; Richard Kings (Colin Pace Academy) 26-12-0; Paul Little (Colin Pace Academy) 17-4-0.
Mosella Manor Farm Leisure, Harvington, Worcs. Wed, 12, Island Pool. Ronnie Pharoah (Mosella) 40-8-0, carp and F1s, pellet feeder, peg 32; Andy Stone (Arthurs Angling Supplies) 40-0-0; Terry Winstone (Bonehill Mill) 38-8-0. Thurs, 16, Island, Middle and Boundary. Steve Rich (Cotswold Angling) 56-8-0, carp and F1s, poled pellet and groundbait feeder, peg 27 Middle; Phil Sutor (Arthurs Angling Supplies) 43-0-0; Neil Richards (Colmic Airon) 38-12-0. Sat, 12, Ash and Middle. Neil McKinnon (Preston Innovations) 100-4-0, carp and F1s, pole/bomb with pellet, peg 18 Ash; Tony Shepherd (Banbury Gunsmiths) 63-0-0; Paul Durnell (Clampits) 54-12-0.
Nisa Feeders, Dynamite Makins, Wolvey, Warks. Wed, 5, Phase 1 Lake Two. Allan Neale (Tackle Shack) 14-8-0, two carp, bomb and meat, peg 25. Thurs, 9, Phase 2 Paddock Lake. John Adamson (Nisa Feeders) 17-8-0, five carp, a chub and three roach, bomb with bread and corn plus poled pellet, peg 25; Mick White (Coalville) 14-14-0.
Parkes Hall AC, Preston Innovations Boldings, Bridgnorth, Shrops. Sun, 11, Ash Pool. Richard Whitehouse (Parkes Hall) 25-9-0, F1s, poled banded pellet, peg 18; Paul Worwood (Parkes Hall) 12-7-0; Andy Johnson (Parkes Hall) 10-15-0; Jamie Trevis (Parkes Hall) 9-4-0.
Port Talbot Docks, West Glamorgan. Sun, 14. Gary Martin (Glamorgan Rebels) 16-11-0, skimmers and roach, groundbait feedered red maggots, peg 11 on walkway; Mal Entwhistle (Glamorgan Rebels) 13-0-0; Shaun Parsons (Cardiff Nomads) 11-5-0.
Preston Innovations Boldings, Bridgnorth, Salop. Mon, 12, Ash Pool. Eric Bancroft (Rod and Gun) 61-6-0, carp to 4 lb, maggot and pellet at 12m, peg 5; Eddie Edwards (Dorset AC) 46-9-0; Joe Brennan (Preston Innovations Boldings) 41-14-0. Thurs, 12, Ash and Beech. Ken Humphreys (Oswestry) 50-0-0, carp to 5 lb and skimmers to 2 lb, maggot at 12m and into corner, peg 20 Beech; Colin Reynmolds (Bilston Angling Centre) 35-13-0; Tony Foster (Preston Innovations Boldings) 33-6-0. Sat, 12, Hawthorn. Peter Plant (Maver Midlands) 55-9-0, carp to 4 lb, maggot at 12m, peg 1 Hawthorn; Dave Craggs (Maver Midlands) 48-0-0; Alan Naylor (Oakengates Angling Centre) 32-4-0.
Preston Innovations Woodland View, Hadley, Worcs. Sat, 12, silver fish, Arles & High Pools. John Harvey (Wales) 28-8-0, carp, poled pellet, peg A27; Gary Kirkham (ABC) 20-6-0; Les Thompson (Matrix) 14-9-0; Simon Nickless (Saints) 13-6-0.
Riverside Fishery, Maesycwmmer, Gwent. Sun, 18. Clive Roberts (Sensas Nomads) 15-7-0, roach to 12 oz, casters at 5m, peg 5 Meadow Lake; Dennis O’Leary (Ebbw Vale) 9-7-0; Larry Salter (Ebbw Vale) 9-5-0; Tony Birt (Blackwood) 9-3-0.
Solhampton Ind WL,Solhampton Fishery, Stourport-On-Severn, Worcs. Sun. Badger and Dragonfly pools. Badger Pool: Paul Bailey (Vets) 23-12-0, stockies, pellet and maggot at 11m, peg 9; Mark Betteridge (National Express Walsall) 17-6-0; Nick Rowley (Solhampton) 16-6-0. Dragonfly Pool: Burgess Homer (Solhampton) 80-1-0, carp to 5 lb, corn at 14m, peg 6; Kevin Turner (Vets) 61-4-0; Karl Stephens (Colmic) 43-10-0. League: Mark Betteridge (National Express Walsall) 15; Steve Burrus (Club 2000) 18; Andy Welding (Solhampton) 21.
Spencer Works, Cefn Mably Lakes, Gwent. Sat, 20. Craig Guerra (Newport) 31-0-0, skimmers, Method feeder with pellets and maggots, peg 1 Horseshoe Lake; Mark Guerra (Newport) 21-0-0; Garry Fisher (Newport) 14-14-0.
Tunnel Barn Farm, Shrewley, Warks. Mon, 17, Top Pool. Wayne Sweetman (Tunnel Barn Farm) 51-3-0, F1s, roach and skimmers, maggot at 4m, peg 25; Pete Hancox (Birmingham) 39-14-0; Pete Rice (Bag’em Matchbaits) 39-12-0. Tues, 16, over-50s, House Pool 1. Wayne Sweetman (Tunnel Barn Farm) 41-3-0, stockies, pellet at 2 and 8m, peg 5; Barry Duggan (Warwick Portobello) 27-13-0; Jim Wills (TBF Veterans) 23-11-0. Wed, 17, House 2. Pete Rice (Bag’em Matchbaits) 54-1-0, F1s, roach and skimmers, maggot at 2m, peg 39; Alex Harper (Tunnel Barn Farm Colts) 51-13-0; Wayne Sweetman (Tunnel Barn Farm) 49-3-0. Thurs, 45, Veterans, Canal, Club and Jennys. Steve Johnson 48-14-0, F1s, roach and skimmers, poled maggot on deck, peg 1; Chris Constable 24-11-0; Mick Keen 22-1-0; Dave Chapman 18-12-0; Tony Maquire 10-4-0; Jim Wills 9-12-0 (all Tunnel Barn Farm Veterans). Fri, 16, Bottom. Wayne Sweetman (Tunnel Barn Farm) 49-0-0, F1s, pellet at 6m, peg 4; Dave James (Mosella) 40-15-0; Ian Shirley (Tunnel Barn Farm) 33-10-0; Les Wetton (Tunnel Barn Farm/F1 Baits) 30-0-0. Sun, 18, House 2. Pete Caton (Drennan Banbury Gunsmiths) 48-0-0, stockies and F1s, maggot at 14m, peg 7; Jason Brown (Maver Gold) 28-8-0; Andy Furniviel (Browning) 24-10-0.
White Springs, Pontarddulais, nr. Swansea. Sun, 17. James Thomas (Frenzee South West) 32-2-0, carp and bream, poled pellets, peg on New Canal; Pete Edwards (White Springs) 31-12-0; Alan Godrich (White Springs) 27-0-0.
Woodside Ind WL, Dudley No. 2 Canal, Merry Hill, W. Mids. Sun, 18. Kevin Clark (Cradley Heath Labour AC) 6-2-0, one 2 lb chub, skimmers, roach and perch, poled chopped worm, peg 51; John Billingham (Halesowen RBL) 5-1-0; Barry Robson (Cradley Heath Labour AC) 5-0-0; Dave Wood (Bilston Angling Centre) 4-1-0; Steve Robson (Cradley Heath Labour AC) 3-15-0; Pete Hatton (ZLT) 3-13-0. League: Dave Sheaf (Black Country Tackle) 12; Barry Robson (Cradley Heath Labour AC) 14; John Billingham (Halesowen RBL) 16.
CALLING all match fishing organisers – give us your 2014 dates!
Are you running or connected with an Open fishing match taking place in 2014? Or maybe you have a series of events, a league or weekly event to promote? Email Angler’s Mail magazine the full details, including venue and ticket price and contact telephone number. Mark your email Matchplan and email to: email@example.com
Use the same email address for pictures from recent matches, and other match news.
Like us on Facebook >> AnglersMailMagazine
Follow us on Twitter >> @AnglersMail