Preston Innovations-Angler’s Mail Matchman of the Year qualifiers – for full coverage on this competition see Angler’s Mail magazine every week!
* Bait-Tech Viaduct WL, Somerton, Somerset. Sun, 95, all lakes. Chris Sandford (Team Amigos) 166-8-0, carp, bomb and meat, peg 115 Campbell; Mike Williams (Preston Innovations Thatchers Anglo-Welsh) 160-0-0; Dave Romain (Viaduct Select) 113-2-0; Tony Rixon (Avon Angling) 101-11-0; Adrian Jefferies (Viaduct All Stars) 101-2-0; Dick Bull (Moaning Maggots) 93-8-0. Silvers: Clint Wojtyla (Avon Angling) 25-6-0. Teams: Viaduct Select 80; Preston Innovations Thatchers Anglo Welsh 67; Viaduct All Stars 64; Avon Angling and Moaning Maggots both 60; Frenzee South Wales Orange 59. League: Frenzee South Wales Orange 256; Somerset Angling 237; Preston Innovations Thatchers Anglo Welsh 235; Bait Tech Viaduct 232; Preston Innovations Thatchers Veterans 225; Preston Innovations Thatchers Gold 220. Individual: Steve Long (Bait Tech Viaduct) 73.
* Basingstoke Canal WL, Basingstoke Canal, Fleet, Hants. Sat, 43. Mick Shepherd (Sensas Oakwood) 11-4-8, perch, pole, chopped worm; Geoff Ball (Sensas Oakwood) 9-12-0; Simon Willsmore (Daiwa Gold) 6-7-0; Dave Guntrip (Daiwa OG) 6-6-0; Steve Joy (Maver Image) 6-4-8; Callum Dicks (Daiwa Gold) 5-8-0. Teams: Sensas Oakwood 8; Daiwa OG 12; Daiwa Gold 14. League: Daiwa Gold 62; Daiwa OG 72; Sensas Oakwood 91; Maver Image 100; Shakespeare Hansfords 115; RBF Lakes 128.
* Colemans Cottage, Witham, Essex. Sat, 32, Pathfield and Copse lakes. Jamie Grainger (Preston Innovations Delcac) 67-0-0, poled pellet, Pathfield peg 13; Kurt Chopin (Cariers AC) 60-0-0; Rav Pisano (Coleman’s) 50-0-0; Jeff Vallance (Preston Innovations Delcac) 49-0-0; Dave Wright (Bromley) 47-8-0; Rodger Gillingham (Colemans Bait and Tackle) 47-0-0. Sun, 74, Copse, Stepfield and Wood lakes. Steve Homewood (Preston Innovations Delcac) 98-0-0, carp, Copse peg 16; Terry Edwards (Browning Wickford) 92-0-0; Peter Steward (Browning Wickford) 83-8-0; Frank Thomas (Browning Wickford) 82-0-0; Andy Quarnby (Middy) 81-0-0; Ian Dixon (Drennan Borden) 76-0-0. League: Paul Chambers (Browning Wickford) 31; Terry Edwards (Browning Wickford) 28; Simon Colclough (Browning) 27.
* Marlborough DAA/Angling Trust WL Semi-Final Practice, Kennet and Avon Canal, Wolfhall to Little Bedwyn, Wilts. Sun, 90. Simon Drew (Sensas Oakwood Angling) 19-12-0, skimmers and three bonus perch, bunches of bloodworm, 6 and 11m, top end peg at Little Bedwyn bayside; Adam Carter (Devizes MG) 17-12-0 Richard Cox (Tubertini Apollo) 15-15-0; G. Williamson (Devizes MG) 14-8-0; Tony Hobbs (Drennan Banbury Gunsmiths) 12-2-0; Chris Telling (Drennan Banbury Gunsmiths/Comic Airon) 10-6-8; Scott Geens (Preston Innovations) 10-1-0; Ian Didcote (Daiwa Dorking) 9-9-0.
* Ockendon Bait and Tackle, Puddledock Farm, Upminster, Essex. Sun, 48. Jay Martin (Dartford) 150-9-0, carp to 8 lb, pellet and maggot down track, Snake peg 9; Tom Seaman (Angling Direct) 115-0-0; Ross Harold (Ockendon Bait and Tackle) 82-11-0; Dave Taffs (Ockendon Bait and Tackle) 72-3-0; Attila Szekeres (Ockendon Bait and Tackle) 71-14-0; John Brooks (Ockendon Bait and Tackle) 70-0-0.
* Reading DAA Teams of Four, Kennet and Avon Canal, Froxfield, Berks. Sun, 60. Ian Claridge (Courage One) 13-5-8, skimmers, poled pinkies; Dave Brent (South Reading AC) 9-8-0; Phil Alder (Reading CS Allsorts) 8-5-0; Rob Stephens (YOTAC 21 Club Gold) 7-12-0; Tony Franklin (Prescold Slapheads) 7-12-0; Duncan Bales (South Reading AC) 6-8-0. Teams: Prescold Slapheads 52; Reading FC Boshers Boys 50; Courage AC 37.
* Tylers Common, Brentwood, Essex. Sat, 30, Ash and Willow lakes. Steve James (Ockendon Bait and Tackle) 121-4-0, pellet up in the water at 14, Ash peg 11; Nick Darke (GOT Baits) 112-2-0; Ross Harold (Angling Direct) 111-6-0; Gavin Bridge (DH Floats) 97-14-0; Alec Roberts (Garbolino) 74-0-0; Jordon Briant (Maver) 73-14-0.
* White Acres Ind WL, Pollawyn, Trelawney, Jennys and Twin Oaks lakes, Cornwall. Sat, 41, silver fish only. Alan Roberts (White Acres) 63-12-0, F1s, poled pellet, peg 16 Trelawney; Andy Dare (Garbolino Bolingey) 48-4-0; Brian Loader (Gwinear) 47-0-0; Paul Carpenter (White Acres) 42-4-0; John Shirley (White Acres) 40-4-0; Ricky Dennis (White Acres) 39-8-0. Sun, 39, Pollawyn, Trelawney, Sycamore and Twin Oaks. Pete Thomas (White Acres) 131-2-0, carp, poled meat in margins, peg 35 Twin Oaks; Clint Elliott (White Acres) 115-6-0; Chris Hancock (Sensas/Gwinear) 100-0-0; John Danks (Gwinear) 98-14-0; Harry Billing (Garbolino) 84-0-0; Skip McCabe (White Acres) 80-0-0.
* Willinghurst Masters, Cranleigh, Surrey. Derek White (G Squad) 38-1-0, 18 carp, Method with pellets, peg 26 on Top Lake back spit; Dan Cooper (Guildford Angling Centre Black) 34-0-0; Jamie Maddox (Garbolino Banstead) 30-2-0; John Radford (Team Mercedes) and Tony Yianni (The Rats) both 26-0-0. Teams: Guildford Angling Centre Black 10; Team Mercedes 16; The Rats 18. League: Guildford Angling Centre Black 11; G-Squad 16; The Rats 19.
Steve Collett now has a feature EXCLUSIVELY in Angler’s Mail magazine. It has stunning picture and Steve’s insightful, witty words.
Smaller fishing match results reported to the Angler’s Mail team
Email results, photos and dates to the regional reporter for your region to or email@example.com
- Alders Farm Fishery, Great Brickhill, Bucks. Sun, 22. Matt Grant (Bag’em) 92-7-0, carp, long pole and pellet, corner peg 38; Martin Greene (Daiwa/Kamasan Starlets) 81-6-0; Josh Blavins (GOT Baits) 66-2-0; Steve Potter (Bag’em) 65-12-0; Del Smith (Middy/GOT Baits) 64-2-0; Warren Downing (Brown’s Angling Centre) 63-7-0.
Bait-Tech Viaduct, Somerton, Somerset. Thurs, 20, Campbell and Cary lakes. Scott Russell (Tackle UK) 151-3-0, carp, bomb and meat, peg 116; Colin Dyer (Langport) 99-3-0; Jim Butcher (Wilts AC) 72-0-0; Lester Grant (Bristol) 63-1-0; Terry Lenny (Sillybait) 59-6-0; Paul Reed (PSV Bristol) 45-4-0. Silvers: Mike Walker (MFS) 32-7-0.
BK Fisheries, St. Erth, Cornwall. Sun, 12, silvers, Bill’s Pool. Alex Bradley (BK Fisheries) 36-2-0, roach and rudd, poled maggot, worm and caster, peg 12; Bill Knott (BK Fisheries) 21-4-0; Sam Bawden (BK Fisheries) 17-14-0; Boz Phillips (Marukyu) 15-0-0.
Dynamite Oakfield Fishery, Aylesbury, Bucks. Sat, 22, Red Kite and Swallow lakes. Mick Stimpson (Dynamite Oakfield) 44-14-0, carp to 6 lb, long poled corn, Swallow peg 23; Mick Bryan (The Bull) 38-3-0; Paddy McLoughlin (Dynamite Oakfield) 30-10-0; Richard Wall (Dynamite Oakfield) 25-1-0; Joff Rogers (Frenzee GOT Baits) 23-14-0; Neil Reid (Isis) 23-5-0. Sun, 23, Red Kite. Tom Rice (Dynamite Oakfield) 123-2-0, 25 carp, bomb and bread, peg 6; Steve Nicholls (Dynamite Oakfield) 44-6-0; Alan Foulkes (Dynamite Oakfield) 35-1-0; Gary Thorpe (GOT Baits) 19-13-0; Ady Phipps (Dynamite Oakfield) 13-14-0.
Essex Silverfish Series, Blind Lane Lakes, nr Chelmsford. Sat, 14. Bill Walker (Bills Tackle) 23-0-0, roach and rudd, shallow maggot, peg 10; Keith Gooderam (Browning Wickford) 17-14-0; Jo Harber (Matchpack) 15-12-0; Trevor Stacey (Matchpack) 15-4-0; Mick Burrell (JP Tackle) and Pete Lamb (Purple Patch) both 14-12-0.
Framfield Park, Sussex. Wed, 22, Spring Lake. Mick Head (Faulkners) 137-1-0, carp, skimmers and roach, bomb to island then poled pellet, peg 50; Kieth Harper (Rudgewick) 108-8-0; Antonio Poynter (Faulkners) 106-9-0; Paul Lawton (Marukyu) 102-1-0; D. Cooper (Rudgewick) 96-11-0.
Frys/PSV Bristol, Shiplate Farm, Weston Super Mare, Somerset. Sun, 26. Rob Wootten (Frys) 46-9-0, carp, pole and pellet, peg 10 Main Lake; Alan Healey (PSV) 40-3-0; Matt Challenger (PSV) 40-0-0; Paul Ratcliffe (Frys) 34-14-0. Silvers: Mark Radford (PSV) 15-15-0.
Gillingham AA Pairs, Dorset Stour, Highbridge to Rectory Straight. Sun, 24. Paul Henson (Gillingham AA) 11-6-0, five chub, stick float and caster, peg 15 above Rectory Straight; Neil Keirle (Gillingham AA) 10-6-0; Sue Collings (Gillingham AA) 3-8-0; Adie West (Gillingham AA) 3-0-0; Tom Thick (Gillingham AA) 2-12-8; Kev Harvey (Gillingham AA) 2-12-0. Pairs: Kev Harvey and Richard Cake 6 points (superior weight); Joe Searle and Adie West 6.
Gillingham Juniors, Lodden Lake, Wilts. Sat, 8. Maggie Bell 3-14-0, roach and skimmers, pole and maggot, peg 31; Daniel Ponting 0-11-0; Ryan Keirnan 0-6-0.
Ilminster AA Pairs, Dillington Pond and Ilminster Canal, Somerset. Sun, 11. Justin Charles (Ilminster AA) 8-9-0, roach and perch on pole from the canal; Graham Field (Taunton) 7-8-0; Jamie Rich (Against Men and Fish/Burts Baits) 7-0-0. Pairs: Jamie Rich and Justin Charles 3; Robin Cox and Graham Field 4.
Monk Lakes, Staplehurst, Kent. Sat, 20, Fish for a Grand final, Bridges Lake. Mark Holland (Monk Lakes) 42-6-0, skimmers and tench, pole and feeder, maggot and pellet; Paul Hamlyn 34-12-0; Derek Gladwin 32-12-0; Dean Locke 32-8-0 (all Preston Innovations Delcac); Terry Harrison (Daiwa Dorking) 29-10-0. League: Derek Gladwin 6 (84-10-0); Sean Clifford 6 (83-12-0); Terry Harrison and Pete Goodman both 7. Sun, 27, Lake One. Dave Wilson (Ockenden Bait and Tackle) 46-10-0, carp, pellet and corn on tip, peg 44; Tony Parnall (Sonubaits Passies) 42-14-0; Brian Bathy (Anchor Croydon) 42-8-0; Trevor Oldfield (Monk Lakes) 38-10-0; Jim Wilson (Ockenden Bait and Tackle) 36-2-0; Bruce Welfare (Bowlers) 31-8-0.
NG Floats Silverfish League, Monk Lakes, Staplehurst, Kent. Sun, 15, Bridges Lake. Derek Willis (Iden Wood Fishery) 26-10-0, tench and skimmers, poled maggot; Dennis Price (Maidstone Angling Centre/Sport One) 24-4-0; Derek Lockwood (Monk Lakes) 17-8-0; Bill Short (Matrix Invicta) 16-4-0. Final League: Dennis Price (95; Martin Charnock (Carpshop) 94; Derek Willis 76; Bill Short 75.
Tillingbourne, Gomshall, Surrey. Tues, 15, over-55s. Fred Ravening (Ealing AC) 29-12-0, carp, poled corn; Brian Wallin (Free Spirit) 29-8-0; Adrian Hoyle (Woking AC) 25-2-0.
White Acres, Newquay, Cornwall. Wed, 10, Midweek Silvers League, Pollawyn Pool. Andy Partridge (Spro) 87-4-0, skimmers, perch and roach, pole and caster, peg 20; Harry Billing (Garbolino) 63-0-0; Roger Baker (Sensas Thyers) 46-12-0; Roy Booth (Barns) 39-12-0.
Willow Park, Ash, Hants. Wed, 16, over-50s, Middle Lake. Tony Medlicotte (Farnham AS) 20-0-0, carp, poled pellets; Ian Covey (Guildford AC) 18-0-0; Jim Finley (Surrey Police) 17-2-0. Fri, 7, over-50s. Brian Stephens (Willow Park) 57-6-0, carp, poled corn. Sat,13, open. Jonathan Cant (Guildford AC) 23-12-0, carp and skimmers, poled corn; Mark Burroughs (Willow Park) 19-12-0; Mike Hooper (Harefield Tackle) 15-10-0.
Wylands International Angling Centre, Battle, East Sussex. Sun, 11, Old Snake Lak. Lew Nightingale 53-9-0, carp, poled meat, peg 39; Roy Liddle 37-3-0; Robert Ware 35-0-0; Ron Newman 30-0-0 (all Wylands); Mick Wells (Sensas South East) 20-0-0.
CALLING all match fishing organisers – give us your 2014 dates!
Are you running or connected with an Open fishing match taking place in 2014? Or maybe you have a series of events, a league or weekly event to promote? Email Angler’s Mail magazine the full details, including venue and ticket price and contact telephone number. Mark your email Matchplan and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the same email address for pictures from recent matches, and other match news.
Like us on Facebook >> AnglersMailMagazine
Follow us on Twitter >> @AnglersMail