ANGLER’S MAIL can confirm who’s booked their places in the 2014 RiverFest final, run by the Angling Trust on the River Wye in Hereford over the weekend November 15 and 16.
The 20 qualifier matches have meant that 60 anglers will compete for the title of RiverFest Champion 2014 worth a cool £12,000.
As you see above, last year’s winner was Andrew Murphy, the Welsh international.
More details below on where and when you can see this Angling Trust-run showpiece event.
Total prize money of £29,000 makes the competition bigger and better than in 2013.
Thames Water and Severn Trent Water have demonstrated the commitment to angling by contributing £2,000 each towards that fund.
Leading bait company Bait-Tech will provide each of the finalists with a variety of products.
Daiwa Sports have donated a prize for the angler who catches the biggest fish over the weekend.
WANT TO GO ALONG? HERE ARE THE KEY RIVERFEST FINAL DETAILS
- Fishing is from 10.30am until 3.30pm on the River Wye around Hereford each day, Saturday November 15 and Sunday, November 16.
- Parking and entry is free for Angling Trust members and you’ll be able to watch and meet some of the best river anglers in the country doing their stuff.
- There is a path along the match length and access is easy.
- Cars should be parked in the field adjacent to the Hereford Rowing Club at the bottom of Greyfriars Avenue.
- Spectators can also use the facilities and be able to get refreshments at the rowing club where there will be a bookmaker present to take bets on your fancied anglers.
- The draw takes place each day at 8am and the club is open to Angling Trust members from 9am.
Click the tab on the right to turn this page and see all the 2014 Qualifiers, as reported in more detail in Angler’s Mail magazine’s comprehensive weekly match results coverage >>