Preston Innovations-Angler’s Mail Matchman of the Year qualifiers – for full coverage on this competition see Angler’s Mail magazine every week!
* Barford WL, Railway, Willow and Barford Lakes, Norfolk. Sun, 45. Dave Jarvis (Daiwa Angling Direct) 81-3-0, carpoids, peg 9 Willow; Jimmy Brooks (Matrix) 80-0-0; Paul Ashford (Barford) 75-3-0; Richard Bond (Browning Hotrods) 68-9-0; Will Freeman (Saxmundham Angling) 61-0-0. Teams: Barford Bait and Tackle 13; Daiwa Angling Direct Gold 16; Matrix Tackle 17; Team JB 22; Browning Hotrods 26; Saxmundham Angling 26; Biffins Bridge 32; VPH Roofing 34; Daiwa Angling Direct Blue 39. League: Browning Hotrods 103; Matrix Tackle 104; Daiwa Angling Direct Gold 107; Saxmundham Angling 108; Barford Bait and Tackle 117; Team JB 118; Biffins Bridge 140; VPH Roofing 165; Daiwa Angling Direct 167.
* Erewash Valley WL, Beeston Canal, Notts. Sat, 55. Adrian Higginbottom (Matrix Dynamite Trentmen) 24-2-0, all roach, poled bloodworm and joker, peg 4; Alistair Chisholm (Shakespeare Superteam) 16-12-0; Lee Morley (Matchman Supplies) 16-9-0; Lee Wright (Matrix Dynamite Trentmen) 10-4-0; Dave Revill (Long Eaton Fed) 9-15-0; Phil Turner (Matchman Supplies) 8-15-0. Teams: Shakespeare Superteam 25; Matrix Dynamite Trentmen 26; Notts AA 28; Matchman Supplies 30; Ilkeston 8 36; Mill Tackle 38. Final League: Shakespeare Superteam 7; Matrix Dynamite Trentmen 15; Matchman Supplies 20; Mill Tackle 28; Ilkeston 8 31; Notts 31.
* HAJAC WL, Raveley Drain, Factory Bank and Old Nene at Benwick, Cambs. Sun, 60. Graham Welton (Stanjay Silver) 21-11-0, 350 roach and perch, short pole, whip and pinkie, end peg on High Bank; Anthony Watling (Stanjay Gold) 19-9-0; Mark Pollard (Shimano Dynamite Baits) 19-6-0; Dave Thornton (Stanjay Posh) 18-7-0; Lindsay Naylor (Browning Hot Rods) 18-6-0; Brian Harding (Stanjay Silver) 17-2-0. Teams: Stanajy Gold 16; Browning Hot Rods 23; Maver Bait-Tech Black 25; Stanjay Silver 30; Stanjay Posh 30; Sensas Mark One Black 33. League: Stanjay Posh 9; Stanjay Gold 12; Maver Bait-Tech Black 13; Browning Hot Rods 16; Mark One Milton Keynes 25; Stanjay Silver 27.
* Water Meadows Fish 4 5+5k Qualifier, Chapel St. Leonards, Lincs. Sat, 30, Moat Lake, 30. Simon Skelton (Middy) 262-14-0, carp to 8 lb, poled maggot to far bank, peg 44; Sean Huggins (Dynamite Baits) 126-12-0; Stuart Gollar (Water Meadows) 54-12-0; Darren Smith (Saltfleetby) 43-11-0; Les Fletcher (Water Meadows) 42-14-0. Qualifiers: Sean Huggins (Dynamite Baits); Gary Middleton (WAGs); Simon Skelton (Middy); Graham Cripsey (WAGs). Sun, 30, Moat Lake. Sean Huggins (Dynamite Baits) 146-8-0, carp to 8 lb, poled bread punch shallow, peg 42; Matt Skelton (Oakengates AC) 124-12-0; Stuart Gollar (Water Meadows) 74-14-0; Dave Weston (Water Meadows) 43-0-0; Wayne Smith (WAGs) 19-10-0. Qualifiers: Stuart Gollar (Water Meadows); Mark Roger (Middy); Matt Skelton (Oakengates AC); Mark Griggs (Middy).
Steve Collett now has a feature EXCLUSIVELY in Angler’s Mail magazine. It has stunning picture and Steve’s insightful, witty words.
Smaller fishing match results reported to the Angler’s Mail team
Email results, photos and dates to the regional reporter for your region to or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aldercar Lane, Langley Mill, Notts. Tues, 11, Railway Lake. Andy Mason (Aldercar) 24-7-0, carp to 9 lb and silvers, poled pellet and maggot, peg 24; Tony Bevan (Stanton) 17-8-0; Vic Pye (Aldercar) 12-9-0; Dick Stevenson (Aldercar) 11-15-0. Wed, 16, veterans, Acorn and Railway. Dennis Plackett (Cotmanhay) 21-8-0, carp to 8 lb plus silvers, poled maggot and pellet, Acorn peg 8; Alan Gilbourne (Mansfield Piscatorials) 17-14-0; Brian Coleman (Aldercar) 16-4-0; Eric Nelson (Aldercar) 12-4-0; Dick Stevenson (Aldercar) 12-3-0. Sun, 26, Acorn and Railway. John Smith (Alfreton Palmer Morewood) 41-2-0, carp to 8 lb, poled pellet and maggot, Acorn peg 6; James Stevenson (Bait-Tech) 28-7-0; Rich Stacey (Aldercar) 27-1-0; Andy Mason (Aldercar) 26-1-0; Tony Goulder (Aldercar) 25-2-0; Tony Dennis (Aldercar) 23-9-0.
Angling Direct Ind WL, River Wensum, Norwich. Sun, 16. Shaun James (Dukes) 9-12-0, roach and perch, whip and maggot; Pete Swan (Angling Direct) 9-8-0; Wayne Anderson (Angling Direct) 9-0-0; Simon Parker (Angling Direct) 8-15-0. Final League: Wayne Anderson 9 (111-12-0); Steve Borrett (Norwich) 9 (84-7-0); Pete Swan 10; David Gooch (Norwich) 12.
Chestnut Pool Winter Pairs, Langford, Beds. Sun, 22. Ronan Ryan (Chestnut Pool) 35-2-0, roach and skimmers, poled pellet, peg 2; James Anthony (Richworth) 31-8-0; Ian Bagshaw (Maver) 22-13-0. Pairs: Ronan Ryan (Chestnut Pool)/James Anthony (Richworth) 24; Daniel Theakston (Poplett’s)/Alan Oaks (Popletts) 19. League: Daniel Theakston/Alan Oaks 157; Rob Heath/Dave Henegan (Chestnut Pool) 150; Ronan Ryan/James Anthony 140.
Cobbleacre Lakes, nr. Norwich. Tues, 16, Amy’s Lake. Dave Pike (Norwich) 47-13-0, bread 6 inches off bottom, 16m; Jim Randell (Sensas) 45-9-0; Ade Moore (Norwich) 35-6-0. Sat, 8. Steve Rouse (Martham) 30-11-0, six carp to cat food; Mick Harman (Martham) 16-4-0.
Cross Drove, Hockwold, Suffolk. Sat, 23. Stewart Bracey (Shimano Dynamite Baits) 19-2-0, F1s to 3lb, bread, 14.5m, peg 13; Jim Barrowman (P W Angling) 18-9-0; Tony Gibbons (Norwich) 14-6-0 . Sat . 12. Dave Pearce Snr (Wisbech) 66-5-0, f1s to 5lbs, brown goldfish to 2lbs, 14.5 mtr pole, bread & meat; Jamie Thompson (Cross Drove) 40-7-0; Neil Parkinson (Dynamite Middy) 30-2-0 .
Decoy Lakes, Whittlesey, Cambs. Tues, 14, Beastie Lake. Chris Barley (Finedon) 82-12-0, carp to 6 lb, Method feedered corn plus poled pellet, peg 30; Alex Bates (Maver Bait-Tech) 73-0-0; Johnny Smalley (Decoy) 70-6-0; Steve Dorks (Colin’s Creel) 53-11-0. Sat, 22, Cedar and Elm. Steve Pell (Spalding) 96-13-0, F1s and carp to 4 lb, pellet at 13m, Cedar peg 5; Chris Neal (Rutlanders) 79-0-0; Nigel Baxter (Bag’em) 77-15-0; Richard Linnell (Decoy) 77-12-0. Sun, 26, Six and Four Islands lakes. Simon Dow (Decoy) 88-4-0, mostly F1s, pellet at 7 and 14m, Six Islands peg 14; Mark Carter (Decoy) 65-10-0; Rob Goodson (Decoy) 55-10-0; Shaun Coton (Decoy) 52-1-0.
Deeping St James, River Nene, Wansford. Cambs. Sun, 16. Steve Cox (DSJAC) 9-1-0, roach and dace, poled maggot; Roger Biddle (DSJAC) 7-2-0; Jon Bowland (DSJAC) 5-1-0. League: Nigel Briggs 37; Steve Cox 32; David Marzell and David Norville both 31.
Garbolino RAF v Old Lags, Old Nene, Benwick and Raveley Drain, Cambs. Fri, 24. Craig Shaw (Garbolino RAF) 15-6-0, small roach, poled pinkie over groundbait at 10m plus a tench to worm and caster, peg 6; Kev Barton (Old Lags) 13-11-8; Graham Welton (Garbolino RAF) 8-4-0; Tex Sutton (Old Lag) 8-0-8; Spike Milligan (Old Lags) 7-3-0; Pete Wray (Old Lags) 4-15-0. Teams: Old Lags 51-13-8; Garbolino RAF 47-8-0.
Graham’s Pond, Huntingdon, Cambs. Sat, 10. Stu Redman (Sensas) 12-10-0, silvers, poled maggot and pinkie, peg 10; Nick Ohlemann (Graham’s Pond) 4-8-0.
Head Fen, Pymoor, Cambs. Sun, 20, Pairs. Snake: Matt Ayers (Dents) 69-6-0, carp to 4 lb, maggot, peg 6; Bob Coulson (Suffolks Finest) 20-14-0; Pete Keeler (Anglers Corner) 18-0-0. Trev’s: Steve Jackson (Head Fen) 36-2-0, a 3 lb 12 oz perch, two chub and five carp, hair rigged corn and short poled caster; Kevin Shelley (Newmarket) 30-0-0; Dave Rodwell (Shipshape Tackle) 23-10-0. Pairs: Steve Jackson/Marcus Bailey 5; Matt Ayers/Mark Cross 6 (86-2-0); Bob Coulson/Alan Newton 6 (43-8-0).
How End Fisheries WL, Houghton Conquest, Beds. Sun, 20, Yasi’s and Dani’s Pools. Phil ‘Pebs’ Stone (How End Heroes) 34-14-0, mostly carp, poled pellet, Dani’s peg 1; Barry Smith (How End Heroes) 33-4-0; Nick ‘Maver’ Rowe (How End Fisheries) 29-1-0; Mike Clarke (How End Fisheries) 28-8-0; Pip Bowlam (How End Fisheries) 27-3-0; Dean Craig (How End Fisheries) 25-14-0. Teams: How End Heroes 182; The Leprechauns 175; 006 ½ 155; Bus Pass Baggers 126; Young and Old 115.
Janson Fishery, Ella Road, Notts. Tues, 12, Munroes Pool. Russ Attewell (Janson) 39-8-0, carp, poled pellet, peg 18; Ian Foulds (Janson) 37-12-0; Phil Orton (Janson) 37-4-0; Horace Smith (Janson) 16-1-0.
Lakeview Fishery, Holwell, Leics. Sun, 25, Serpent and River Pools. Andy Searle (Middy) 47-14-0, carp, poled pellet, Serpent peg 8; Danny Higgins (Sub Fish) 42-5-0; Mark Taylor (LVS) 38-13-0; John Bramley (LVS) 28-8-0; Brian Nicholls (LVS) 26-4-0; Jason Sahall (LVS) 24-10-0.
Park Hall, Mansfield Woodhouse, Notts. Sun, 14, Old Estate Lake. Paul Thomas (Mansfield Woodhouse) 28-8-0, 5 carp and 5 skimmers, pellet feeder, peg 30; Graham Eden (Mansfield) 14-14-0; Eugene Tagg (Mansfield) 9-8-0; Roy Gregory (Somercotes) 8-8-0.
Railway and Willow Lakes, near Norwich. Sat, 28. Alan Tuck (Angling Direct Suffolk) 81-12-0, F1s, Method feeder to far bank, Railway peg 46; Jimmy Brooks (Middy) 77-3-0; Simon Smith (Saxmundham Angling) 67-5-0; Warren Martin (Matrix Barford Tackle) 61-4-0; Pete Walthew (Dereham) 60-7-0; Steve Kindleysides (East Harling) 56-1-0.
Rivendell WL, Sherwood Forest Farm Park, Edwinstowe, Notts. Sun, 20, Sherwood Lake. Russ Brookes (Rivendell) 15-9-0, ide, skimmers plus one carp, poled maggot, peg 40; Ian Boyd (Woodhouse Angling Centre) 14-1-0; Steve Wheeldon (Rivendell) 13-8-0; Mick Lysaght (Rivendell) 12-15-0; Martin Rouse (Subfish) 10-0-0.
Sensas Challenge Practise, Great Ouse, Littleport, Cambs. Sat, 24. Tim Nash (Browning Hotrods) 45-13-0, 13 bream plus a perch, chopped worm, groundbait and maggots under 20gr lollipop float at 13m, nine pegs below Lark Outfall; Tom Scholey (Matrix Dynamite Trentmen) 14-5-0; Bob Bates (Sensas Mark One) 12-10-0; Arnie Palmer (Sensas Mark One) 4-5-0.
Sherwood Forest Farm Park Fishery, Edwinstowe, Notts. Tues, 16, Sherwood Lake. John Urruty (Alfreton Angling) 41-15-0, skimmers and ide to 12 oz, waggler and maggot, peg 24; John Holmes (Woodhouse Angling) 21-0-0; Mark Holmes (Woodseats Angling) 20-5-0; Dave Round (Woodhouse Angling) 14-14-0; Gary Turner (Mosborough Tackle) 14-9-0; Fred Bispham (Sherwood Forest Fishery) 14-7-0. Wed, 21, Holmedale Lake. Roger Edmund (Marukyu/Kinky Pellet Club) 51-4-0, 16 carp to 7 lb, poled pellet at 12 metres, peg 30; Carl Brown (Sherwood Forest) 46-8-0; Andy Lakey (Worksop Angling) 40-4-0; Daz Staley (Subfish) 36-7-0; Brian Elliott (Sherwood Forest Fishery) 34-0-0; Mick Langton (Sherwood Forest Fishery) 32-7-0. Sun, 23, Holmedale Lake. Matt Malia (Worksop Angling Centre) 66-2-0, 22 carp to 8 lb and a 4 lb bream, pellet at 14m, peg 30; Nigel Shipman (Sherwood Forest) 59-8-0; Mick Langton (Sherwood Forest) 30-15-0; John Bleakley (Sherwood Forest) 28-7-0; Carl Brown (Sherwood Forest) 23-9-0; Geoff Mawby (Gateford Angling Supplies) 23-6-0.
Townsend Lakes, nr. Wisbech, Cambs. Sun, 12, Woodpecker Pool. Ricky Young (Ramsey) 43-1-0, silver fish, carp and skimmers, poled caster, peg 4; Colin Begbie (Townsend) 17-11-0; Steve Sharp (Townsend) 17-5-0; Barry Chivers (Townsend) 16-3-0.
Westwood Lakes, Wyberton, Lincs. Sun, 20. Gavin Butler (Maver Bait-Tech) 63-2-0, F1s to 2 lb, poled red maggot to far bank, peg 6; Steve Pell (Westwood Lakes) 57-14-0; Tony Evans (Dynamite Baits) 56-14-0; Sean Higginbottom (Maver Bait-Tech) 53-15-0; Pete Rayner (Westwood Lakes) 53-9-0.
Willow Lakes, Foston, Lincs. Sat, 16, rover. Andy Birkin (Phil’s Bait & Tackle) 56-8-0, carp to 6 lb, F1s and bream to 3 lb, pellet at 11m, Hawthorn peg 3; Paul Arndt (Grantham) 42-0-0; Ian Palfreyman (Phil’s Bait & Tackle) 33-8-0; Graham Eden (Mansfield) 32-0-0.
CALLING all match fishing organisers – give us your 2014 dates!
Are you running or connected with an Open fishing match taking place in 2014? Or maybe you have a series of events, a league or weekly event to promote? Email Angler’s Mail magazine the full details, including venue and ticket price and contact telephone number. Mark your email Matchplan and email to: email@example.com
Use the same email address for pictures from recent matches, and other match news.
Like us on Facebook >> AnglersMailMagazine
Follow us on Twitter >> @AnglersMail