Preston Innovations-Angler’s Mail Matchman of the Year qualifiers – for full coverage on this competition see Angler’s Mail magazine every week!
* Fish 4 5+5k Qualifier, Water Meadows Fishery, Chapel St. Leonards, Lincs. Sat, 30, Moat Lake. Colin Spencer (GOT Baits) 111-2-0, carp to 7 lb, poled maggot and bread up in the water, peg 2; Mark Bower (Chesterfield) 87-2-0; Trevor Bingham (Water Meadows) 46-6-0. Qualifiers: Colin Spencer (GOT Baits); Ernie Waterfall (Notts Fire); Mark Bower (Chesterfield); Carl Williams (Newark). Sun, 30, Moat. Lloyd Lakin (Saltfleetby) 160-8-0, carp to 7 lb and barbel, poled maggot, peg 42; Paul Cartledge (Water Meadows) 50-0-0; Wayne Smith (WAGs) 48-14-0. Qualifiers: Wayne Smith (WAGs); Chris Bonsall (Water Meadows); Lloyd Lakin (Saltfleetby); Brian Elliot (Mansfield).
* Lakeview Fishery, Holwell, Leics. Sun, 38, Serpent, Canal, River and Oasis lakes. Simon Skelton (Middy) 115-7-0, carp, poled pellet, Canal peg 14; Shaun Butler (LVS) 68-13-0; Bronson Arme (LVS) 68-4-0; John Bramley (LVS) 50-10-0; Gaz Sadler (Sensas) 47-13-0; Tony Blackwell (LVS) 45-2-0.
* March DAA, Old River Nene, Cambs. Sun, 52. Simon Nickless (Saints) 48-15-0, four tench to 3 lb, five skimmers plus bonus rudd to 2 lb 8 oz, poled pinkie and caster at 13 and 14m, peg 45 above bypass bridge; Graham Welton (RAF Garbolino) 39-10-0; Ben Jackson (RAF Garbolino) 37-2-0; Steve Joy (Maver Image) 30-8-0; Neale Shearn (Poplett’s Tackle) 30-0-0; Mick Dixon (Maver Bait-Tech) 29-1-0.
* Quorn AS WL, River Soar, Barrow and Sutton Bonnington, Leics. Sun. 30. Tony Nally (Dynamite Matchman Supplies) 15-3-0, three chub, feedered maggot, pegged at Barrow; Tony Marshall (Quorn AS) 10-10-0; Neil Fisher (Dynamite Matrix Trentmen) 9-9-0; Mark Perkins (Dynamite Matrix Trentmen) 8-10-0; Nick West (Dynamite Matchman Supplies) 8-9-0; Lianne Knott (Dynamite Matrix Trentwomen) 7-12-0.
Teams, points: Dynamite Matrix Trentmen and Trentwomen 10; Dynamite Matchman Supplies 13; Quorn AS 13; Long Eaton C 13. Weight: Dynamite Matchman Supplies 29-4-0; Dynamite Matrix Trentmen and Trentwomen 26-10-0. Final League, points: Dynamite Matrix Trentmen and Trentwomen 12; Wigston Blue 15. Weight: Dynamite Matchman Supplies 59-5-4; Wigston Blue 46-15-12.
* Sensas Challenge Two-Day Final, Great Ouse, Littleport and Ten Mile Bank, Cambs. Sat, 130. Arnie Palmer (Sensas Mark One) 17-12-0, bream, worm at 13m, peg C19 at Ten Mile; Rikki Richards (Fosters Team Army) 13-8-8; Gary Pook (Daiwa Dorking) 13-3-0; Cameron Hughes (Kamasan Starlets) 11-6-0; James Pitman (Midland Angling Supplies) 10-2-0; Brian Hawkes (Sensas North) 9-5-8. Sun, 130. Rob Perkins (Matrix Dynamite Trentmen) 11-15-0, tench, bream and perch, worm at 13m, peg C22 at Ten Mile; Pete Vasey (Maver Image Veterans) 10-5-8; Carl Eland (Drennan Banbury Gunsmiths) 10-3-0; Eddie Bridon (Ultimate Barnsley Blue) 9-2-0; Nigel Bull (Shakespeare Superteam) 7-1-0; Jean Desque (Sensas 28 France) 7-0-0. Teams, Day 1: Maver Image 14; Daiwa Dorking 23.5; Tri-Cast Weston Team Wales 25. Day 2: Ultimate Barnsley Blue 20; Matrix Dynamite Trentmen 20.5; Ultimate Barnsley Blacks 21. Overall: Maver Image 38; Tri-Cast Weston Team Wales 52; Ultimate Barnsley Blacks 53; Daiwa Dorking 53.5 (18-0-0); Shakespeare Superteam 53.5 (16-0-0); Ultimate Barnsley Blue 57.5; Scotland and Sensas North both 59.5. Individuals: Rikki Richards (Fosters Team Army) 4 (14-4-0); Will Freeman (Browning Hotrods) 4 (3-9-0); Ben Roberts (Tri-Cast Weston Team Wales) 4 (1-4-0); Simon Willsmore (Daiwa Dorking) 5 (3-4-0); Eric Lubin (Sensas 28 France) 5 (2-14-8); Matt Herbert (Drennan Banbury Gunsmiths) 5 (1-11-0).
Smaller fishing match results reported to the Angler’s Mail team
Email results, photos and dates to the regional reporter for your region to or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aldercar Lane, Langley Mill, Notts. Tues, 10, Acorn Lake. Lee Payling (Peg One Angling) 51-13-0, carp to 8 lb, poled maggot and pellet, peg 40; Dave Perry (Stanton) 24-15-0; Graham Sheffield (Aldercar Lane) 20-9-0; Ivor Lister (Aldercar Lane) 19-1-0; Andy Starkey (Aldercar Lane) 18-7-0; Tony Bevan (Stanton) 13-10-0. Wed, 12, veterans, Match, Acorn and Railway. Gary Smith (Drennan Leicester) 22-11-0, carp to 9 lb, poled maggot and pellet, Railway peg 6; Vic Pye (Drennan Leicester) 16-8-0; Bryan Coleman (Drennan Leicester) 13-14-0; Arnie Payling (Peg One Angling) 12-5-0; Mick Hutsby (Aldercar Lane) 10-9-0; Pete Dudley (Aldercar Lane) 7-6-0. Sun, 26, Railway and Acorn. James Stevenson (Bait-Tech) 36-15-0, carp to 8 lb, poled maggot and pellet, Acorn peg 7; Mark Godfrey (Drennan Leicester) 36-14-0; Alan Gilbourne (Mansfield Piscatorials) 32-0-0; Ian Robinson (Nathan’s of Derby) 29-10-0; Lee Payling (Peg One Angling) 29-7-0; Andy Mason (Aldercar Lane) 28-5-0.
Cobbleacre Lakes, near Norwich. Tues, 10, Amys Lake. Dave Pike (Norwich) 74-12-0. Carp, bread, 14m; Craig Gladding (Rhino) 38-6-0; Dennis Goodwin (North Walsham) 28-15-0. Sat, 14. Colin Allthorp (Smarts) 35-3-0; Kevin Lawson (Stalham) 32-11-0; Jamie Turner (Buxton) 29-7-0 .
Cross Drove, Hockwold, Norfolk. Wed, 19. Alan Tuck (Angling Direct Suffolk) 73-6-0, F1s to 3 lb and carp to 12 lb, pellet and maggot, 14.5m, peg 36 ; Richard Bond (Bury St. Edmunds) 57-12-0; Jamie Thompson (Cross Drove) 48-2-0; Dave Pearce (Wisbech) 43-8-0; Rodney Finch (Deben) 38-10-0; Mark Pollard (Shimano Stanjay) 37-5-0. Sat, 24. Richard Bond (Bury St Edmunds) 65-10-0, carp to 6 lbs and F1s to 4 lb, Method feedered corn, peg 32; Goldie (Stanjays) 50-13-0; Vince Cross (Nash Baits F1 Frenzy) 48-11-0; Neil Parkinson (Dynamite Middy) and Mark Pollard (Shimano Stanjays) both 45-8-0; Mick Mirgaux (Deben) 42-2-0. Sun, 20. Neil Parkinson (Dynmite Middy) 67-6-0, F1s to 4 lb and brownies to 2 lb, pellet, 16m, peg 23; Ray King (Barford Tackle) 55-9-0; Simon Wheeler (Daiwa Dynamite) 46-13-0; Stuart Payne (Daiwa Dynamite) 36-7-0 ; Dave Bates (Cross Drove) 28-11-0; Steve Norman (Kev’s Tackle) 27-1-0.
Decoy Lakes, Whittlesey, Cambs. Tues, 21, Beastie Lake. Chris Barley (Finedon) 82-11-0, mainly F1s to 2 lb, feedered meat plus poled maggot down edge, peg 15; Nigel Baxter (Bag’em) 80-13-0; Jimmy Brooks (Middy) 69-2-0; Jay Richardson (Decoy) 62-6-0. Sat, 22, Beastie Lake. Shaun Coton (Decoy) 86-0-0, carp to 5 lb plus F1s to 2 lb, poled maggot close in, peg 18; Jon Whincup (Frenzee Bait-Tech) 81-0-0; Steve Pell (Spalding) 69-8-0; Kev Wadge (Decoy) 61-3-0. Sun, 26, Beastie Lake. Jon Whincup (Frenzee Bait-Tech) 98-11-0, F1s to 2 lb, poled pellet at 14.5m, peg 8; Simon Dow (Decoy) 74-15-0; Shaun Coton (Decoy) 74-9-0; Nigel Baxter (Bag’em) 74-2-0.Deeping St. James AC Non-Winners Cup, River Nene, Wansford, Cambs. Sun. 17. Ron Needham (DSJAC) 5-5-0, a 4 lb 3 oz chub plus roach, poled worm and maggot, peg 21; Mel Saggers (DSJAC) 4-15-8; Hugh Mannall (DSJAC) 4-11-8.Graham’s Pond, Huntingdon, Cambs. Sat, 10. Stu Redman (Sensas) 10-1-0, small carp and silvers, poled maggot and pinkies, peg 6; Shaun Fulcher (Ditton Fields) 6-8-0; Brian Hedge (Graham’s Pond) 5-9-0.
How End Fisheries, Houghton Conquest, Beds. Sun, 17, Yasi’s Pool. Dean Craig (How End) 41-8-0, carp, poled pellet, Yasi’s peg 1; Darryl Anderson (How End) 33-4-0; Ken Kendall (Letchworth) 22-2-0; Ken Clarke (How End) 21-6-0.
Jansons Fishery, Ella Road, Notts. Tues, 14, Match Pool and Tomo’s. Steve Ward (Jansons) 140-15-0, carp, poled pellet, peg 29; Ernie Waterfall (Jansons) 66-1-0; Mark Taylor (Jansons Fishery) 52-3-0; G. Wright (Jansons Fishery) 31-2-0; Ray Redwood (Notts Fire) 28-10-0; Dave Harper (Jansons) 21-10-0. Thurs, 13, Match Pool. Alan Houghton (Jansons) 135-2-0, small carp and silvers, poled double red maggot over and down track, peg 28; Dave Harper (Jansons) 76-9-0; Horace Smith (Notts) 64-5-0; Gerry Woodcock (Lakeview Vets) 47-6-0. Donut Pool. 6. Steve Natrass (Jansons) 50-1-0, carp and silvers, poled maggot and pellet, peg 7.
Lakeview Fishery, Holwell, Leics. Sat, 11, veterans, Canal Pool. Chris Shore (LVS) 68-8-0, carp, poled pellet, peg 17; Cliff Adcock (LVS) 44-4-0; Tony Blackwell (LVS) 36-3-0; Roger Holmes (LVS) 35-1-0; Ian Foulds (LVS) 30-3-0; Dave Sewell (LVS) 30-3-0.
Market Rasen AA Keyline and Wavin WL, Willingham Road Lake, Market Rasen, Lincs. Sun, 9. Bud Chambers (Market Rasen AA) 4-7-0, bream and skimmers, feeder and double pinkie, peg 12; Ted Goulsbra (Market Rasen AA) 4-1-0; Dave Appleyard (Market Rasen AA) 2-9-0. Champion: Stuart Cash 22.
Notts AA, Beeston Canal, Notts, Sun. 18. Tony Barker (Shakespeare Superteam) 10-9-0, roach and skimmers, poled bloodworm and caster, peg 17; Johnny Johnson (Notts AA) 8-12-0; Alistair Chisholm (Shakespeare Superteam) 8-8-0; Neil Pitfield (Drennan Leicester) 8-7-8; Lee Morley (Matchman Supplies) 8-6-8; Ben Sharratt (Shakespeare Superteam) 7-3-0.
Park Hall Fishery, Mansfield Woodhouse, Notts. Sun, 13, Great Estate Lake. Roy Gregory (Somercotes) 40-8-0, nine carp to 8 lb, long range bomb with meat and pellet, peg 51; Lee Nussey (Shirebrook) 27-8-0; Steve Hanrahan (Ollerton) 23-4-0; Paul Thomas (Mansfield Woodhouse) 22-2-0; Pete Brown (Mansfield Woodhouse) 17-10-0; Graham Eden (Mansfield) 17-2-0.
Railway Lake, near Norwich. Sat, 24. Alan Tuck (Angling Direct Suffolk) 59-14-0, F1s and carp to 5 lb, bomb and popped-up bread, peg 18; Terry Bollingbroke (Attleborough) 42-4-0; Dave Reeve (Angling Direct Suffolk) 38-15-0; Steve Kindleysides (East Harling) 38-3-0; Dave Jarvis (Angling Direct Suffolk) 37-0-0.
Sherwood Forest Farm Park Fishery, Edwinstowe, Notts. Tues, 19, Sherwood Lake. Andy Lakey (Worksop Angling) 36-9-0, 48 ide to 1 lb and four small carp, maggot at 14m, peg 26; John Urruty (Alfreton Angling) 27-9-0; John Holmes (Woodhouse Angling) 26-8-0; Steve Richards (Woodhouse Angling) 21-3-0; Ivor Birkin (Rivendell AC) 16-12-0; Mark Holmes (Woodseats Angling) 16-2-0. Wed, 19, Holmedale Lake. Andy Lakey (Worksop Angling) 74-8-0, 23 carp to 8 lb, pellet at 14 and 16m; Brian Elliott (Sherwood Forest) 43-7-0; Richard Evans (Sherwood Forest) 34-3-0; Nigel Shipman (Sherwood Forest) 32-7-0; Pete Lambert (James Maude Lindon AC) 25-12-0; Mick Langton (Sherwood Forest) 21-10-0.
Suffolk Water Park, nr Ipswich. Sat, 11, Silverfish. Bob Fuller (Suffolk Water Park) 12-4-0, skimmers, roach, hybrids and a 3 lb tench, pole and feeder, Match Lake 1 peg 24; Nick Larkin (Nisa Feeders) 11-15-0; Keith Gooderam (Browning Wickford) 9-9-0; Paul Abbott (Deben) 8-14-0; Martin Budgeon (Suffolk Water Park) 6-4-0; John Platten (Nisa Feeders) 6-2-0 .
Townsend Lakes, Wisbech, Cambs. Sun, 12, Kingfisher Pool. Ricky James (Townsend) 44-8-0, carp, groundbait feeder and maggot to the island, peg 1; Steve Sharp (Townsend) 32-4-0; Ricky Young (St. Ives) 27-12-0.
Westwood Lakes, Wyberton, Lincs. Thurs, 30, Skylark Lake. Steve Lane (Marukyu/Westwood Lakes) 44-0-0, carp, F’s and barbel, red maggot at 6m, peg 6; Tom Wilson (Westwood Lakes) 42-6-0; Ray Pauley (Ruskington AC) 41-4-0; Roy Wells (Decoy) 35-10-0. Sun, 20, Skylark. Luke Morley (Sensas A4) 58-5-0, carp, F1s and barbel, poled maggot and pellet, peg 2; Gregor Chalat (Westwood Lakes) 52-12-0; Marc Rodgers (Middy Bag’em) 48-8-0; Stan Stankvich (Westwood Lakes) 47-12-0.
Willow Lakes, Foston, Lincs. Sat, 16, rover, Match Lakes. Phil Morris Jnr. (Notts AA) 84-4-0, carp to 8 lb, long poled pellet to island, Chestnut peg 21; Andy Birkin (Phil’s Bait and Tackle) 47-12-0; Paul Arndt (Grantham) 46-4-0; John Belcher (RAF) 42-4-0; Ian Palfreyman (Phil’s Bait and Tackle) 35-8-0.
CALLING all match fishing organisers – give us your 2014 dates!
Are you running or connected with an Open fishing match taking place in 2014? Or maybe you have a series of events, a league or weekly event to promote? Email Angler’s Mail magazine the full details, including venue and ticket price and contact telephone number. Mark your email Matchplan and email to: email@example.com
Use the same email address for pictures from recent matches, and other match news.
Like us on Facebook >> AnglersMailMagazine
Follow us on Twitter >> @AnglersMail