WITH a prize purse totalling over £25,000 in a two-day final, the Preston Innovations Feeder Masters competition is set to make a big bang on the elite match stage next year! Follow the action in Angler's Mail.
With England squad man and Angler’s Mail columnist Lee Kerry at the helm, dates and venues for the 20-match series leading to the grand final on September 24/25 2016 have been unveiled. Kent’s Bough Beech Reservoir will host the final.
“The venues include natural stillwaters, rivers plus commercial fisheries and what is even more exciting is that the competition isn’t just restricted to England, with both Holland and Ireland hosting qualifying events creating an extra buzz,” enthused Lee.
The English qualifiers will be 60-peggers, with Ireland and Holland’s contests extended to 90 anglers. Three anglers from each round will progress to the big money final.
Feeder Masters’ ambassador Mick Vials said: “This competition really gives anglers a chance to get into feeder fishing. Qualification will be via winning 20 peg sections, giving plenty of opportunities for anglers to make the final.”
Entry applications will commence online from Jan 1 2016 via the Angling Trust website.
“We were looking for a final venue that offered something special, and with Bough Beech I believe we have found that. Having fished the water myself I know its potential and pedigree. With total weight deciding the final outcome it really is anyone’s to win,” added Lee.
Qualifier venues and dates
- Barston, W. Mids: Sun Apr 24.
- Larford Lakes, Worcs: Sat Apr 30.
- Gold Valley, Hants: Sun May 29.
- Hallcroft Fishery, Notts: Sat Jun 4.
- Boddington Reservoir, Northants: Sun Jun 5.
- Lough Erne, Enniskillen, N.Ireland: Sat May 7.
- Southfield Reservoir, S. Yorks: Sun May 22.
- Holland (Venue TBC) – Fri Jun 10.
- Ferry Meadows, Cambs: Sun Jun 26.
- Carr Mill Dam, Lancs: Sun Jul 3.
- Bough Beech, Kent: Sun Jul 10.
- Lough Muckno, Ireland: Date TBC, early Sept.
- River Trent, Dunham/Laughterton/Clifton, Lincs: Sat Jul 9.
- River Tees, Bowesfield, Cleveland: Sun Jul 17.
- River Yare, Norfolk: Sun July 31.
- River Thames, Medley/Appleford, Oxon: Sun Aug 7.
- River Severn, Bewdley, Worcs: Sun Aug 14.
- River Avon, Bristol: Sun Aug 21.
- River Aire, Yorkshire. Sat Aug 27.
- River Trent, Holme Marsh, Notts: Sun Aug 28.
Full details on applying and more will appeat in Angler’s Mail magazine nearer the time, later this year.