OUR weekly Carp Blog on the Angler’s Mail website comes from Korda Developments – one of the most popular carp fishing companies in the world, that strives to give something back to the sport. James Armstrong provides this update.
If you enjoy the blog, share it with your friends on Facebook and Twitter by clicking the icons above. And check back for all our daily blogs.
SPRINGTIME IN THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF KORDA
IT’S been showtime and the last month has seen hoards of anglers attending the exciting Carp Shows such as Farnborough and the new Northern Carp Show.
This gives us the chance to showcase new products and give something back to the public face to face. Budding carp anglers swarm the stand to get their carping fix from Team Korda and it’s a joy to help.
It’s also time for a few open days and if you’re in the Peterborough area and want to pop by and say hello; Darrell Peck, Jake Wildbore and Richard Stewart will be at Sheltons of Peterborough on Good Friday.
The new award-winning Carp Tackle, Tactics and Tips has just been released and is totally FREE as usual. Jam-packed with loads of new gear and fish action it will be in your tackle shops now. If you haven’t yet grabbed yourself a copy, don’t miss out!
Click below to watch the trailer video
Spring is on its way, and as you can imagine many of Team Korda has been dusting down their rods in anticipation for a carp or two. Craig Runham has been amongst the action over at Sandhurst in Yateley.
The Berkshire angler has been targeting the lake using zig-rigs. Craig was using Guru N-Gauge hook link material in 9lb breaking strain, in conjunction with a size 10 Mixa hook.
The black and yellow foam hook baits, which were fished a few feet below the surface, were dipped in Mainline Maple-8 glug for extra pulling power. Catching nine carp in total with the biggest over 31lb, Craig encountered a very special winter session.
Korda job opportunity
An incredible opportunity has arisen within the Design Studio at Korda!
We’re on the hunt for a talented junior graphic designer to help us push the Korda brand to even greater heights.
The successful candidate will be based at Korda HQ in Basildon, providing design support to the Marketing and Product Development Teams. You will require several key attributes to fulfill this exciting and demanding role.
• You will have 1-2 years’ work experience, either within an agency or an in-house position.
• You will be able to demonstrate creative flair and a passion for design, along with a good level of technical ability using Adobe Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
• You will have experience in typesetting and layout with good administrative skills.
• You must have an eye with Kaptor-esque sharpness for detail and always maintain a commitment to quality.
• You must enjoy working as part of a team, or on your own initiative when required.
• You will be able to work quickly and accurately when under the pressure of tight deadlines.
• A willingness to learn, develop and perfect new skills. The role will be wide and varied and will include the production of packaging, POS, marketing materials, ads, web and exhibition graphics to name just a few. So, if you can combine all of the qualities listed above, together with the boundless enthusiasm and dedication that we all share here at Korda, then we want to hear from you! Send an up to date CV, as well as some examples of your very best work to: info@Korda.co.uk (Title your email: Graphic Design Job).
CAUGHT A BIG FISH? Share it on the Angler’s Mail new online interactive gallery Like My Catch >> HERE.
Become a fan of Angler’s Mail on Facebook >> HERE
ANGLER’S MAIL’S NEXT BIG CARP BLOG WILL APPEAR ON MONDAY, APRIL 1.