WEST MIDLANDS venue Barston Lakes is the place to be on Monday, April 23 for a slide show evening after the special Wychwood Nutrabaits (carp) versus MAP Marukyu (match) contest.
Entry to the afternoon and evening at Barston is free (including parking) so get along to part or all of it! The contest will be your rare chance to see how carpers can compete against matchmen (and indeed vice versa!).
The likes of Colin Davidson will go head to head with Andy May and MAP’s England International James Dent will pit his wits against the likes of Tony Smeets.
The evening will see twice Angler’s Mail Matchman of the Year Andy May look at “Big match preparation”, then the Anglers Mail main carp man Colin Davidson will do a show themed “Where carp and match anglers can learn from each other.”
To cap it off former British carp record holder and current carp world champion Lee Jackson will do a brilliant slide show on “The journey to the World Championships final”. He’ll be talking about the contest in the States and how he went on to bring home the gold for England!
The running order for the day:
- 9.30am onwards: all new MAP, Wychwood, Marukyu and Nutrabaits products will be on display and available for people to view and in many cases use.
- 12.00pm: draw for the MAP V Wychwood match.
- 1.30pm – 7.30pm: Wychwood V MAP match.
- 8.15pm: slide shows start (Andy May, Colin Davidson, Lee Jackson).
- Raffle will take place before and during slide shows.
- Lee Jackson will be doing book signings before and after the slide show.
Prizes for the raffle include Wychwood HD Brolly system, a pair of Solace Classic Carp rods, MAP Parabolix Bomb Rod, MAP hoodies, Marukyu bait and Nutrabaits gear. All takings from the raffle will go to supporting former Leeda employee and England International Claire Dagnall’s Hospice.
Entry to every aspect of the event is totally free of charge.
Barston has a well stocked pay-bar and food available to buy throughout.
- Barston Lakes are at West Midlands Golf Club near Solihull, sat nav B92 0LB. For more about the venue visit the website