SEPTEMBER 1 has seen the start of new cormorant control measures - and a Cormorants vs Roach video urges anglers to rise to the challenge.
After a long battle to win improved controls on cormorant and goosander numbers the new area based licensing system finally comes into force – right now.
The film also features Budgie Price from the award winning project in Hampshire, and encourages anglers to spend less time moaning about cormorant problems and to engage fully with the new system which can deliver more control licences for more birds over a wider area.
- Advice on effective non-lethal measures
- Assistance with the whole new licensing procedure including the paperwork
- Help in coordinating efforts across a whole area
- Advice on lethal methods of control
- Advice on funding for anti-predation measures
- Help with creating a bird management plan
For more on this story and to see HUGE roach, and get advice on catching them, see this week’s Angler’s Mail magazine – No.1 every week.