TAGS:

pollutedpoolTWO farmers have been ordered to cough up after a silage leak from their business killed thousands of fish at a village pool where helpers saved some fish using paddling pools, bowls and even a baby bath.

As we reported back in 2012, local residents were horrified as hundreds of fish started dying and others were gasping for air at Madeley Pool near Newcastle-under-Lyme in Staffordshire so stepped into help.

Now brothers Robert and Andrew Moss of nearby Peak Farm have been found guilty for causing the deaths.

South Cheshire Magistrates’ Court handed the pair total fines of £10,000 and costs of £10,198.11 divided equally. The pair’s insurance cover would pay the Environment Agency’s bill of investigation and remedial work which comes in at just over £14,980.

For the full story, grab this week’s Angler’s Mail magazine in the shops right now. And get the magazine every week for top tips, big news, best products, and venues that are in form.

Related posts

Pooling together saves fish from pollution

Polluters pay £30k

Like us on Facebook >> AnglersMailMagazine

Follow us on Twitter >> @AnglersMail

Watch Angler’s Mail TV >> AMTV