IN one of the best weeks ever for specimen fish, the UK perch record was smashed by a massive river fish with just hours of the season left.
The record-busting specimen is the highlight of a week that saw two carp over 60lb reported, plus a huge lure-caught zander, a giant Fenland rudd and numerous big chub, barbel, roach and pike. It’s undoubtedly one of the most amazing run of big fish catches ever.
For the full story on the historic perch with photos, and other amazing catches, get this week’s Angler’s Mail magazine, on-sale NOW.
Also inside this week’s must-read issue:
- Full and exclusive report on the record-breaking perch with photos
- Fish go on the feed up and down the country as river season closes
- Two carp over 60lb shake record
- Massive river zander on lure
- Huge Fenland rudd wins Korum Specimen Cup weekly award
- Preston Innovations Matchman of the Year 2013/14 overall winner revealed
- Pike Scene gives advice on small lures for big pike
- Catching With Collett sees Steve go after canal predators
- Essential Knowledge has more bait tips
- All The Answers – the UK’s number one coarse Q&A – details the different types of quill float plus reader questions answered by experts
- Where To Fish focuses on great venues for stillwater barbel and chub plus a full round-up of UK hotspots for the week ahead
- The latest regional match results and news
For all this and more, pick up the new issue – it’s on-sale tomorrow and every Tuesday.