- Be sure to get this week’s brilliant new issue of Angler’s Mail magazine! It’s in shops from Tuesday, October 29.
Preston Innovations Matchman of the Year qualifiers
READ THIS WEEK’S ANGLER’S MAIL MAGAZINE FOR LATEST ON THIS FAMOUS COMPETITION!
* East Mids WL Practise, Old Nene, Benwick, Cambs. Sun, 49. Anthony Williams (Browning Hot Rods) 16-0-0, skimmers and silver fish, poled chopped worm and caster, willows peg 3; Alex Bates (Maver Bait-Tech) 12-6-0; Steve Welford (Browning Hot Rods) 11-14-0; Neil Newby (Sensas Mark One) 11-5-0; Rob Wright (Browning Hot Rods) 10-11-0; Alastair Ogilvie (Maver Bait-Tech) 10-7-0.
* Lakeview Fishery, Holwell, Leics. Sat, 31, Canal, Serpent and Marina pools. Bob Greenbury (Sensas Leicester) 91-6-0, carp, poled pellet, Marina peg 6; Bronson Arme (LVS) 82-8-0; Danny Higgins (Subfish) 74-1-0; Steve Haywood (Middy) 73-14-0; Kev Kania (LVS) 60-13-0; Tony Blackwell (Leics) 60-4-0.
* Railway Lake, nr. Norwich, Norfolk. Sat, 38. Mathew Colman (Shrublands) 59-13-0; Warren Martin (Matrix Barford Tackle) 59-7-0; Rodney Finch (Deben) 57-1-0; Alan Tuck (Daiwa Angling Direct Suffolk) 47-13-0; Lee Coomber (Attleborough) 40-13-0; Steve Kindleysides (East Harling) 38-3-0.
* Soar Valley WL, River Soar, Barrow to Kegworth, Leics. Sun, 70. Mark Perkins (Matrix Dynamite Trentmen) 7 Kg 250 gr, four large perch plus multiple roach, poled worm, pinkie and red maggots, Sutton peg 61; Tony Marshall (Quorn AS) 5.840; Tom Potter (Loughborough Soar) 5.730; Rob Fryer (Dynamite Matchman Supplies) 5.700; Ady Reynolds (Quorn AS) and Mark Eustace (Leicester Sensas) both 5.600. Teams: Leicester Sensas 29; Quorn AS 35; Matrix Dynamite Trentmen 37; Dynamite Matchman Supplies 39; Loughborough Soar 42; Wigston AS 43; Long Eaton Fed 50. League: Leicester Sensas 4; Quorn AS 6; Loughborough Soar and Wigston AS both 12; Dynamite Matchmen’s Supplies 13; Matrix Dynamite Trentmen 17; Long Eaton Fed. 20.
Smaller fishing match results
Coors AC, River Trent, Burton, Staffs, Sun (Oct.20), 21. Dave Jones (Matchman Supplies) 8-14-0, one 8 lb 9 oz bream plus roach, stick float and double maggot, Sherratt’s peg 1; Mark Foreshew (Coors AC) 8-14-0; John Harper (Coors AC) 7-14-0; Mark Halksworth (Leegem Angling) 6-8-0.
Cross Drove, Hockwold, Norfolk. Wed, 13. Richard Bond (Bury St Edmunds) 71-8-0 carp & F1s to 7 lb , brown goldfish & skimmers, maggot, 14.5m, peg 50; Glen Burden (Cross Drove) 68-0-0; Rodney Finch (Deben) 44-4-0; Neil Parkinson (Dynamite Middy) 42-3-0. Sat, 23. James Drakulic (Maver Image) 111-6-0, carp to 15 lb, F1s & brown goldfish, maggot & pellet, 14.5m, peg 67; Richard Bond (Bury St Edmunds) 83-3-0; James Heaps (Poplett’s) 67-7-0; Rob Heath (Chestnut Pool) 64-12-0; Glen Burden (Cross Drove) 57-0-0; Ian Shipp (Cross Drove) 55-3-0. Sun, 17. Tony Watling (St. Neots) 74-6-0, F1s to 4 lb & brownies to 2 lb, meat/pellet, 13m, peg 13; Mark Pollard (Shimano Stanjays) 60-13-0; Richard Bond (Bury St Edmunds) 58-2-0; Jamie Thompson (Cross Drove) 52-6-0; Simon Wheeler (Daiwa Dynamite) 51-6-0; Glen Burden (Cross Drove) 44-11-0.
Daiwa Angling Direct, River Wensum, Norwich. Sun, 20. Robert Hubbard (Daiwa Angling Direct) 17-7-0, roach and perch, long whip, maggot; Colin Urry (Dukes) 17-6-0; Colin Sadler (Dukes) 16-2-0; Matt Pope (Earlham Silvers) 15-15-0; Mick Hanks (Daiwa Angling Direct) 15-8-0.
Decoy Lakes, Whittlesey, Cambs. Tues, 16, Beastie Lake. Andy Sczcupak (Sheffield) 168-15-0, carp to 8 lb, meat at 5m, peg 23; Tom Edwards (Decoy) 157-12-0; Smug Smalley (March) 143-1-0; Nigel Baxter (Bag ‘Em) 98-9-0. Sat, 19, Beastie. Jon Whincup (Bait-Tech) 184-4-0, 50 lb of carp plus F1s and skimmers, pellet at 8m then shallow, peg 30; Tom Edwards (Decoy) 127-15-0; Jimmy Brookes (Decoy) 115-7-0; Steve Pell (Decoy) 112-7-0. Sun, 12, Yew Channel. Tom Cole (Decoy) 70-8-0, carp to 6 lb, feeder then poled pellet in margins, peg 9; Jason Binder (Decoy) 63-1-0; Pete Carter (Decoy) 62-15-0; Tony McGregor (Decoy) 59-3-0.
Dynamite Baits Scunthorpe DAA, Tidal Trent, South Clifton, Lincs. Thurs, 19. Dean Smith (Colmic) 29-15-0, bream and skimmers, pole feeder, worm and caster, peg 36; Mark Booth (Goole Avengers) 15-2-0; Steve Gilbert (Whisby) 13-8-0; John Wisenewski (Brigg) 12-12-0; Dave Norwood (Winterton) 6-15-0; Malc Firmstone (Whisby) 6-13-0.
Garbolino RAF East Mids Summer League, Westwood Lakes, Wyberton, Lincs. Wed, 14, Kestrel Lake. Baz Bright (Garbolino RAF Digby) 51-10-0, 30 lb of ide plus carp, Method feeder/worm and caster shallow at 13m, peg 7; Danny Hurst (Garbolino RAF Conningsby) 36-12-0; Spike Milligan (RAF Old Lags) 33-9-0.
Graham’s Pond, Huntingdon, Cambs. Sat, 13. John Hurley (Graham’s Pond) 18-4-0, small carp and silvers, short pole and expander pellet, peg 3; Tony Watling (Graham’s Pond) 9-5-0; Nigel Marshall (Graham’s Pond) 6-1-0.
Head Fen, near Ely, Cambs. Sat, 10. Geoff Arnold (Hooked Newmarket) 153-12-0, pellet down track & maggot in margins, Snake peg 17; Marcus Bailey (Head Fen) 137-12-0; Matt Ayres (Dent’s) 128-14-0. Sun, 10. Gary Rimmer (Newmarket) 48-8-0, carp, Method feeder to island, Trev’s peg 36; Lamplight (Head Fen) 46-9-0; Brian Lee (Dents) 42-2-0.
Olney & Clifton FA, Two Brewers Trophy, Great Ouse, Olney, Bucks. Sun, 25. Steve Bull (Post Office) 11-0-0, a 5 lb 3 oz slab plus roach, dace and perch, poled maggot, peg 21; Ernie Sattler (Maver) 9-11-0; Lee Jones (Browning) 9-0-0; Roy Woodward (Oundle) 8-7-0.
Suffolk Water Park, Ipswich. Sat, 12. Keith Gooderam (Browning Wickford) 8-8-0, skimmers and roach to 1 lb 8 oz, maggot, Canal Lake peg 18; Keith Gostling (Gipping APS) 7-8-0; Sam Kernard (SWP) 6-14-0; Bill Walker (Bills Tackle) 6-4-0.
Water Meadows Fishery, Chapel St. Leonards, Lincs. Sun, 27, Moat Lake. Brian Elliott (Water Meadows) 94-14-0, small carp to 8 lb, bream to 4 lb, poled pellet down the track, peg 48; Graham Knight (Water Meadows) 48-4-0; Chris Bonsall (Water Meadows) 43-6-0; Mark Griggs (GF Harlequins) 38-6-0.
Westwood Lakes, Wyberton, Lincs. Tues, 15, Skylark Lake. Adam Swain (Westwood Lakes) 43-0-0, carp and F1s, poled red maggot over groundbait, peg 5; Steve Lane (Marukyu Westwood) 34-8-0; Terry Green (Westwood Lakes) 28-8-0; Brian Harding (Maver Bait-Tech) 26-4-0; John Taylor (Sensas Mark One) 23-14-0. Sun, 21, Kestrel. Martin Kirk (Westwood Lakes) 52-0-0, carp to 6 lb, Method feedered banded pellet, peg 6; Gary Walton (Boston Angling Centre) 48-8-0; Steve Lane (Marukyu Westwood) 46-14-0; Darren Gowshall (Horncastle) 43-8-0; Steve Davis (Dave’s Peg) 36-8-0.
Willow Lakes, Foston, Lincs. Wed, 13, Ash and Hawthorn lakes. Paul Arndt (Grantham) 148-4-0, 30 carp to 11 lb, poled meat in margins, Ash peg 9; Bob Brown (Newark) 128-0-0; Terry Crouch (Newark) 106-12-0; Paul Kimberley (Team Zimba) 98-4-0. Sat, 18. John Belshaw (RAF) 120-10-0, 20 carp to 10 lb, bomb and meat, Hawthorn peg 23; Jim Meakin (Victoria Tackle) 110-0-0; Andy Birkin (Phil’s Bait & Tackle) 108-0-0; Ian Palfreyman (Phil’s Bait & Tackle) 82-0-0; Bob Brown (Newark) 70-12-0.
CALLING all match fishing organisers! Attention all matchmen – MATCHPLAN IS COMING BACK TO AM MAGAZINE!
Are you running or connected with an Open fishing match taking place in the forthcoming main coarse season?
Or maybe you have a series of events, a league or weekly event to promote?
Email Angler’s Mail magazine the full details, including venue and ticket price and contact telephone number.
Mark your email Matchplan and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the same email address for pictures from recent matches, and other match news.
Like us on Facebook >> AnglersMailMagazine
Follow us on Twitter >> @AnglersMail