ANGLER'S MAIL print magazine this week has a FREE entry voucher for Fishomania Grand Final, on Saturday, July 9. It's surely now the most prestigious UK match of the year with huge payouts to be won. Here are the full details of the event this year - it's changed from previous years!
PartyPoker sponsor Fishomania this year… or to give it its full title Fish’O’Mania XXIII. It’s on Saturday 9th July at Cudmore Fisheries, Whitmore, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffs.
The Grand Final is comprised initially of 32 competitors who have qualified from regional qualifiers across England, and Angler’s Mail magazine is covering the match all the way! This Fishomania match starts just after midday – see full schedule of events below.
The qualifiers will fish a five hour match on Friday 8th July. The top 16 anglers will move through to the Saturday match to determine the 23rd annual Fish’O’Mania Champion.
The match is fished to Angling Trust match rules with some local rules applying. These include no floating baits to be fed, barbless hooks must be used and no use of floating pole.
The competitors are weighed in every 30 minutes and at the conclusion of the five hour match. The angler with the greatest aggregate weight of the ten weigh-ins, will be declared the champion.
Lots on at Fishomania – not just the Grand Final
International match Format: Six anglers representing Belgium, France, Holland, Italy, Germany and a Scandinavian country will compete in a four hour match. There will be hourly weigh-ins. The winning team will be the one that records the largest combined aggregate weight at the close of the match.
Juniors Format: six competitors, who have qualified by being the top six finishers at the Junior National. The match lasts for four hours with weigh-ins every hour. The angler with the greatest aggregate weight of the four weigh-ins, is declared the champion.
Ladies Format: six competitors, who have qualified by being the top six finishers at the Ladies National. The match lasts for four hours with weigh-ins every hour. The angler with the greatest aggregate weight of the four weigh-ins, is declared the champion
TV coverage & payouts at Fishomania 2016
Sky Sports broadcast over five hours live to subscribers in UK and Ireland. In addition, Matchroom Sport produces a two hour highlight show of each of the events for subsequent syndication.
Fish’O’Mania Champion – £50,000, Runner-Up – £10,000
International Champion – £3,000, Runner-Up – £1,000
Ladies Champion – £1,000 Junior Champion – £1,000
Fishomania Grand Final 2016 – Qualifying Anglers
Fish’O’Mania qualifiers took place across England from April to June.
There were 28 heats in total with 12 heats of 130 competitors, eight events of 150 anglers, four of 160 entrants, two of 200 anglers and two heats comprising 300 pegs.
That made a total entry of 4,400 competitors.
Here is who won to get through, and how they did it….
- Jamie Hughes (Higher Bebington), Sat 5th March – Tunnel Barn Farm, 141 lbs 0 oz
- Matthew Greening (Hereford), Wed 9th March – Viaduct Fishery, 160 lbs 11ozs
- Chris Kitchin (Rothwell), Sat 12th March – Hayfield Lakes, 97 lbs 12 oz
- Kerry Kirkwood (Irlam), Sat 19th March – Solhampton Fishery, 113lbs 15oz
- Sam Brown (Hinckley), Sat 26th March – Lakeview Fishery, 149 lbs 14 oz
- Darren Millis (Bracknall), Sun 27th March – Gold Valley Lakes, 105lb 0oz
- Ross Harold (Tilbury), Wed 30th March – Colemans Cottage Fishery, 103 lbs 12 oz
- Jason Collins (Grays), Sat 2nd April – Monk Lakes, 259 lbs 8oz
- Andy Power (Wells), Wed 6th April – Woodlands View, 134 lbs 0 oz
- Dan White (Curry Rivel), Sat 9th April – Viaduct Fishery, 210 lbs 11 ozs
- Stuart Fotheringham (Leeds), Wed 13th April – Lindholme Lakes, 145 lbs 5 oz
- Ryan Lidgard (Barton-upon-Humber), Wed 13th April – Lindholme Lakes, 130 lbs 3 oz
- Nathan Watson (Louth), Sat 16th April – Barford Lakes, 112 lbs 13 oz
- Paul Blinkhorn (Culcheth), Wed 20th April – Partridge Lakes, 115 lbs 6 oz
- David Woodworth (Upton), Wed 20th April – Partridge Lakes, 103 lbs 9 oz
- Les Marshall (Barnsley), Sat 23rd April – Messingham Sands, 151 lbs 12 oz
- Przemek Solski (London), Wed 27th April – Makins Fishery, 94 lbs 8 oz
- Nathan Matthews (Rugeley), Sat 7th May – Tunnel Barn Farm, 141lbs 8 oz
- Perry Stone (Chertsey), Wed 11th May – Monk Lakes, 213 lbs 8 oz
- Dale Stones (Peterborough), Sat 14th May – Barford Lakes, 91 lbs 14 oz
- Andrew Bailey (Doncaster), Wed 18th May – Heronbrook Fisheries, 135 lbs 7 oz
- Krzysztof Frackowiak (Harrow), Sat 21st May – Woodlands View, 90 lbs 8 ozs
- Paul Wright (Doncaster), Wed 25th May – Messingham Sands, 193 lbs 12 oz
- Jack Harness (Ashbourne), Sat 28th May – Colemans Cottage Fishery, 124 lbs 0 oz
- Craig Goldstraw (Leamington Spa), Sat 4th June – The Oaks, 132 lbs 12 oz
- Ian Giddins (Kidderminster), Sun 5th June – Maver Larford Lakes, 121 lbs 3 oz
- Greg Cooper (Mansfield), Sat 11th June – Woodlands Lakes, 79 lbs 2 oz
- Ben Fisk (Leeds), Sat 18th June – Partridge Lakes, 148 lbs 8 oz
- Andy May (Middlewich), Sat 18th June – Partridge Lakes, 117 lbs 10 oz
- Adam Southgate (Bishops Stortford), Sat 25th June – Gold Valley, 102 lbs 2 oz
- Robert Minikin (Harrogate), Weds 29th June – Lindholme Lakes, 177 lbs 12 oz
- Barry Bush (Wallasey), Weds 29th June – Lindholme Lakes, 173 lbs 3 oz
Fishomania 2016 International – Competitors
1 Milo Colombo (Italy)
2 Mathieu Vilain (France)
3 Mario Nebauer (Germany)
4 Jurgen Spierings (Holland)
5 Eric di Venti (Belgium)
Fishomania 2016 Ladies – Qualifying Anglers
1 Lisa Ford (Scissett, West Yorks)
2 Gemma Matthews (Melksham, Wilts)
3 Emma Drysdale (Castle Cary, Somerset)
4 Sandra Scotthorne (Doncaster, South Yorks)
5 Alison Jones (Telford, Shropshire)
6 Charlotte Gore (Edenbridge, Kent)
Fishomania 2016 Juniors – Qualifying Anglers
- Tom Edwards (Spalding, Lincs)
- Yestyn Sephton (Leigh, Lancs)
- Jack Damant (Ipswich, Suffolk)
- William McCranor (Coventry, West Mids)
- Adam Swain (Boston, Lincs)
- Sam Collet (Leicester)
Fishomania 2016 – Full Schedule, Saturday 9th July
09:00 JUNIORS & LADIES ALLOWED ACCESS TO PEGS
10:00 ALL COMPETITORS ALLOWED ACCESS TO PEGS (MAIN EVENT & INTERNATIONALS)
11:00 JUNIORS FISH’O’MANIA XXIII COMMENCES
1 FINAL WEIGH IN AT: 15:00
11:30 LADIES FISH’O’MANIA XXIII COMMENCES
1 FINAL WEIGH IN AT: 15:30
12:00 SKY SPORTS LIVE BROADCAST BEGINS
12:00 FISH’O’MANIA XXIIIINTERNATIONAL MASTERS COMMENCES
HOURLY WEIGH-INS AT: 13:00, 14:00, 15:00
12:05 FISH’O’MANIA XXIII COMMENCES
HALF HOURLY WEIGH-INS AT: 12:35, 13:05, 13:35, 14:05, 14:35, 15:05, 15:35, 16:05, 16:35
15:00 JUNIORS FISH’O’MANIA XXIII MATCH ENDS
15:30 LADIES FISH’O’MANIA XXIII MATCH ENDS
16:00 FISH’O’MANIA XXIII INTERNATIONAL MASTERS MATCH ENDS
17:05 FISH’O’MANIA XXIII ENDS
17:30 SKYSPORTS BROADCAST CONCLUDES
Read Angler’s Mail print magazine every week for great coverage of Fishomania and other major matches, plus match fishing features.